2.16.0.0 Cat interface hamlib issues

V2 error reports
oe1hga
New user

2.16.0.0 Cat interface hamlib issues

Post by oe1hga »

Hi,

i've stumbled over issues with 2.16.0.0. and hamlib

1) if i try to connect on a remote hamlib deamon (rigctld) there is no success. After debugging with windows tools for a while i think that Log4OM is constantly using the local host as destination address, no matter what is specified in the config. There are no issues in the connectivity in my setup, as i'm perfectly able to connect from WSJT-X with the hamlib interface to the XCVR on the remote node and control the XCVR (Yaesu FT-DX10). I've even been able to connect with Telnet on the remote address/port. If everything is running on the same node (127.0.0.1) both, Log4OM and WSJT-X, are able to connect and to communicate. This config an a local node is working fine.

1a) even if "connect to active hamlib instance" is checked, the rigctld process is created. I suppose this is exactly what not shoud happen.

2) the config regarding the CAT interface seems not to be saved correctly. No matter what i specify as Address/Port the defaults always show up again.

3) the config for CAT also seems not to be read at startup, as there is no effect modifying the config.json file. Changes are ignored at startup and overwritten at shutdown.

Is there something a have not understood properly from the (for CAT rather poor) documentation or did i run into a bug?

Many thanks in advance,
Gerald, OE1HGA
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: 2.16.0.0 Cat interface hamlib issues

Post by KI5IO »

This bug was noted/found some time ago and should be repaired in the next release. Danielle just got back from holiday and has been working on this and a few other items.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX