Installation issue with non-priviledged user

V2 error reports
ok1smn
Novice Class

Installation issue with non-priviledged user

Post by ok1smn »

Hi all,
I'm having an issue with Log4OM (and the others), when installing a program as a non-privileged user on Win10. Installer will automatically request privileges escalation (asking for local admin password). When entering password installation begins and all program files are successfully copied to the C:\Program Files (x86) folder. The problem arises when the installer wants to install user data, as they are copied to the admin user's profile (AppData\Roaming) and not the actual user profile I'm using. As far as I was able to recognize, it is SQLite libraries and similar files. Installation will finish successfully, but the program doesn't start and finish with error, covered by the initialization screen. The error message cannot be closed as it is out of focus.

Thank you for comments, Marian OK1SMN

Installer
Installer
2021-08-30_9-30-23.jpg (21.59 KiB) Viewed 1670 times
Startup error message
Startup error message
error.jpg (38.02 KiB) Viewed 1670 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Installation issue with non-priviledged user

Post by G4POP »

Have you tried right clicking on the Log4OM install file and selecting 'Run as an administrator'?

Have you set the PC UAC to the lowest setting?
73 Terry G4POP
ok1smn
Novice Class

Post by ok1smn »

>Have you tried right clicking on the Log4OM install file and selecting 'Run as an administrator'?

Thank you for reply. This problem is exactly when run as admin user (user with admin privileges), this is requested by default by the app.

>Have you set the PC UAC to the lowest setting?
My user I'm using has normal user privileges for security reasons.

Here is what I have my user configured
useraccount.jpg
useraccount.jpg (48.29 KiB) Viewed 1667 times
I think the solution is to let user choose destination folder of user data during installation. I can manually change destination folder in oder to user my standard user folder, where my user has read/write permissions.
ok1smn
Novice Class

Post by ok1smn »

Just for you to know, I got this working. I simply copied all files from privileged user folder C:\Users\<priviledged_user>\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2 to user's folder C:\Users\<non-priviledged-user>\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2

Thank you Marian