Net control loses frequency and won't log QSOs

V2 error reports
G4GNX
Novice Class

Net control loses frequency and won't log QSOs

Post by G4GNX »

My setup is Log4OM2 (latest version - I always update) using Omnirig as CAT control for my Elecraft K3S and Icom IC-9700.
The K3S is setup for Rig 1 and the IC-9700 is Rig 2.

The frequency and band info shows correctly in the correct panels for both rigs. When I use the Net Control facility, all works well with the K3S (Rig 1) but when I switch to Rig 2 although the correct data is shown in the panels, Log4OM2 fails to save all QSOs and a red error message is generated for each. Rig 2 is mostly used on 2 metres and fortunately I have a transverter in the K3S for 2M, so for reliable operation, I have to switch to Rig 1 - set to the 2 metre frequency and band and QSOs will be correctly recorded.

This may tie up with an issue I reported some time back, but has not yet been fixed. When I use Log4OM2 without any CAT data, it reports Offline, as you'd expect. I enter the frequency and mode manually in the normal fields and if it's a single QSO, all will be saved correctly. However, when I use Net Control QSOs are recorded with frequency set to zero and sometimes the mode is incorrect.

Also, there was talk of being able to use up to 4 rigs via Omnirig and although I have 3 setup at present, Log4OM will only let me choose Rig 1 or Rig 2. Any news on this facility?
73 de Alan, G4GNX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Net control loses frequency and won't log QSOs

Post by G4POP »

Sounds like your using the swiss version of Omnirig (V2) if so revert to the original from Alex version 1.19 the swiss version wont work with Log4OM
73 Terry G4POP
G4GNX
Novice Class

Re: Net control loses frequency and won't log QSOs

Post by G4GNX »

Thanks Terry, that would make sense for CAT control and I will check it and change it if you're right.
What effect would that have when OmniRig is not in use? My worst issue is when I'm using a rig that's not connected to OmniRig and of course Log4OM reports it as Offline. In other words it's in standalone mode and still does not record frequencies entered manually. When I deselect a callsign in the Net Control window, the details are recorded in the log and eventually sent to my QRZ.com logbook, but the frequencies are missing. If I enter them in the normal log entry, they will be retained correctly and if I'm quick enough, they will get sent to QRZ.com.
73 de Alan, G4GNX