Automatic CW carrier

V2 error reports
oe8act
Novice Class

Automatic CW carrier

Post by oe8act »

Hello!
I'm wondering why my IC-7300 automatically starts sending a permanent carrier when switching to CW mode and log4om is running. When closing the program the problem disappears. Anyone knows if there is a wrong setting?

73 de Patrick
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Automatic CW carrier

Post by KI5IO »

oe8act wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 13:09 Hello!
I'm wondering why my IC-7300 automatically starts sending a permanent carrier when switching to CW mode and log4om is running. When closing the program the problem disappears. Anyone knows if there is a wrong setting?

73 de Patrick
Patrick,

Which version of Log4OM-2 are you using?

Which CAT engine? Hamlib or Omnirig?

Likely settings in the related 'ini' files and/or (as I recall Terry mentioning) do you have current drivers for the IC-7300 installed?
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
oe8act
Novice Class

Post by oe8act »

Hello Nolan,

I'm using 2.17.0.0 - so the latest version and also the latest drivers for my IC-7300. CAT engine is OmniRig. In the settings I disabled the "Enable PTT key" but this did not solve the problem.
Should I try hamlib instead of Omnirig? I have to read about the differences between this two programs.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Patrick,

You can give Hamlib a try for trouble-shooting to see if there are any differences/improvements.

Omnirig is preferred (my opinion). Occasionally we see more issues with Hamlib, but it can run in cycles.

Terry will add his input when he can get some time as, if I recall correctly, he also has an IC rig.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

oe8act wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 14:40 Hello Nolan,

I'm using 2.17.0.0 - so the latest version and also the latest drivers for my IC-7300. CAT engine is OmniRig. In the settings I disabled the "Enable PTT key" but this did not solve the problem.
Should I try hamlib instead of Omnirig? I have to read about the differences between this two programs.
Genuine Icom drivers installed before connecting the radio to the PC?

Have you tried different RTS & DTR settings in Omnirig

Does this happen with just Log4OM running or are you also running some WSJT programs or other software?
73 Terry G4POP
oe8act
Novice Class

Post by oe8act »

Hi Terry,

I installed the drivers before connecting the radio.
I left the settings for RTS and DTR as default. I don't know what these settings are for.
No other program is running next to Log4OM.
Tomorrow I will receive a new HDD for my laptop and then I will do a new clean install.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

oe8act wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 07:01 I left the settings for RTS and DTR as default. I don't know what these settings are for.
Terry was asking for different settings for RTS and DTR, so the easiest way is to try RTS On DRT on and RTS off and DTR on
and so. That could help for some rigs.

By the way, RTS is Request to send and DTR is Data Terminal Ready

Maybe you find some informations how to connect the 7300 to Omnirig, Log4OM and WSJTX here:

https://cqqrz.github.io/station/
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
oe8act
Novice Class

Post by oe8act »

Thanks for the help. I will check out the suggested link.

73 de Patrick