ADIF Latitude/Longitude Format

V2 error reports
M0NOM
New user

ADIF Latitude/Longitude Format

Post by M0NOM »

Hi

Greetings from a fellow software author. The ADIF Processor I have written http://bit.ly/adifproc accepts ADIF files as input. I have noticed that the latitude/longitude format in files that appear to have come from Log4OM are in decimal format, rather than format in the ADIF Specification:

Code: Select all

a sequence of 11 characters representing a latitude or longitude in XDDD MM.MMM format, where

X is a directional Character from the set {E, W, N, S}
    DDD is a 3-Digit degrees specifier, where 0 <= DDD <= 180 [use leading zeroes]
    There is a single space character in between DDD and MM.MMM
    MM.MMM is an unsigned Number minutes specifier with its decimal point in the third position, where 00.000 <= MM.MMM <= 59.999  [use leading and trailing zeroes]
I've added support for decimal LAT/LON values as I am trying to be as compatible as possible, but thought you would be interested to know in case you get any other reports.

Kind regards, Mark
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: ADIF Latitude/Longitude Format

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Mark,
Incidentally 2 weeks ago I noticed that, as many other applications and sources works with decimal values and very few with the right ADIF specifications.
In the current beta you should found a version that is able to deal with both format but generate an output in the correct ADIF format.
It's under tests but an independent one will be great

Thanks
Lele IW3HMH
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
M0NOM
New user

Re: ADIF Latitude/Longitude Format

Post by M0NOM »

Hi Lele

I'll try the beta and confirm via the ADIF Processor, thanks for the change.

Regards, Mark.