Email support - What am I doing wrong?

General discussions V2
K5CKS
Advanced Class

Email support - What am I doing wrong?

Post by K5CKS »

I have been trying to make email support work for cluster alerts. I read all the notes, made sure my settings were right, enabled "other software" support in Gmail but it still gives me an error message when I test it.
Log4OM email config.jpg
Log4OM email config.jpg (39.17 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
Thanks for the help!
Rory, K5CKS
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Email support - What am I doing wrong?

Post by KI5IO »

K5CKS wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 16:41 I have been trying to make email support work for cluster alerts. I read all the notes, made sure my settings were right, enabled "other software" support in Gmail but it still gives me an error message when I test it.Log4OM email config.jpg
Thanks for the help!
Rory, K5CKS
Rory,

Did you get an "OK" when you sent your g-mail e-mail test? I can't get such with my 'gmail.com' account. They require yet another layer of validation before external sources can send into their servers to send e-mails.

I was able to get mine working using my outlook or gmx e-mail accounts.

That being said I've spent over 8 hours working with two OMs (Michigan and France) with your noted issue. Still no resolution.

We're currently testing a new Alpha release which may have a fix at least for the general sending of the e-mail Alerts ... but not going to hold my breath that such will work with the gmail.com accounts.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX