Got all logging and postings to work WSJT-Log4OM V2

General discussions V2
N6KZB
Novice Class

Got all logging and postings to work WSJT-Log4OM V2

Post by N6KZB »

I have struggled for several days, plus I noticed many others on the forum reporting difficulties in "connections" adif monitoring, WSJT logging and auto-posting, same as me. Read help files and forum to gain some insight.

Windows 10

Now..................
When I click on a call in WSJT it is parsed right away to LOG4OM and brings up the QSO info.
When the WSJT "pop up" to log QSO appears and I click it, the QSO gets logged into LOG4OM, clears the screen, and I am ready for the next one.

I have externals set to log all right away, sans the 1 minute delay.
The QSO gets logged into QRZ and Club Log no issue. Of course when I close LOG4OM all worked get sent to LOTW.
(I do no others, but it should work there also).

Color me a happy camper.....

Screen shots included.
Attachments
wsjt_reporting.jpg
wsjt_reporting.jpg (47.59 KiB) Viewed 3725 times
connections.jpg
connections.jpg (38.36 KiB) Viewed 3725 times
adif.jpg
adif.jpg (56.31 KiB) Viewed 3725 times
Mike Burton
xe2/n6kzb
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Got all logging and postings to work WSJT-Log4OM V2

Post by NN7D »

Happy Camper,

Not to mess with your system which appears to operating well...But, if you are using WSJTx, then V2 will handle logging from WSJTx with the UDP Inbound - ADIF-MESSAGE connection. Therefore, you do not need the ADIF Monitoring entry. This should be causing double logging if both setups are correct and working. The ADIF Monitoring work around is for use with JTDX only, not WSJTx.

If you disable the ADIF Monitoring, and WSJTx does not log into V2, then something is incorrectly setup with the ADIF_MESSAGE setup. You actually have your setting reversed between the JT_MESSAGE and ADIF_MESSAGE, from those recommended and in the Users Guide, but as long as they match for each program, it should work. But you might try setting them per the Users Guide if logging does not work.

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
N6KZB
Novice Class

Post by N6KZB »

Only works this way for me, so we shall leave it.

Tried it as you indicate and no go.

Thanks anyway OM.. Adios
Mike Burton
xe2/n6kzb
N6KZB
Novice Class

Post by N6KZB »

Doug I should have been a bit clearer, logging was not the issue.
It was sending to QRZ and Club Log that did not work after being logged.

When you click on WSJT "pop up" to save QSO, it goes to LOG4OM fine, just does not get sent to the Externals.

Adios
Mike Burton
xe2/n6kzb
N6KZB
Novice Class

Post by N6KZB »

And I must state that you were right concerning the ADIF Monitoring, now I see it.
I will have to start all over because it does not work as I want.

Thanks anyway sir.......
Mike Burton
xe2/n6kzb
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Mike,
Log4OM applies a delay in upload to external sources
This is made for 2 specific reasons.
First reason is the thread that upload the QSO is not synced to the user interface, resulting in smoother operations while upload operations are performed in background
Second reason is to give you enough time to fix your data (or delete a wrong QSO) before it's sent to external sources.

Upload is running every 30 seconds, so QSO are uploaded in 0 to 30 seconds. There is an option (defaulted to ON) that impose a minimum delay of 1 minute for the second reason stated above. This means your QSO is uploaded to external sources between 60 and 90 seconds from save instant.
Obviously if you have deleted QSO in that time, nothing is uploaded.

We found some more "glitches" in how Log4OM is handling connections to external resources IF YOUR PASSWORD contains characters other than 1-9 and A-Z (eg. !@£$?= etc)
Those glitches will be fixed in the next version soon, but if you don't have those chars in your password you should not have any issue.

As in Log4OM v1, EACH EXCEPTION, EVEN WITH NO IMPACT WITH USER INTERFACE-USER EXPERIENCE IS LOGGED INTO DATABASE. More, each UPLOAD to external services is logged, and reply from external service is logged.

If you have doubts or you need more help, please check first for issues in the application log. We're searching for issues, so if you have "evidence" of an error please share it with us so we can work on it

Best 73
Daniele
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
N6KZB
Novice Class

Post by N6KZB »

Thanks...

Aware of upload delay.

Will have to check the password issue.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hard to explain issue properly right now.

Adios
Mike Burton
xe2/n6kzb
N6KZB
Novice Class

Post by N6KZB »

Passwords are OK.

Just unable to get LOG4OM to pass QSO to external sources, (LOTW OK upon closing), auto upload not working but QSO appears in LOG4OM logbook from WSJT.

Will wait till next version and see, tired of fussing with this right now, need a break..hi hi.

Someday perhaps an ANYDESK log in to look.

Adios my friend.
Mike Burton
xe2/n6kzb