Is there a reason we cant show state in cluster?

General discussions V2
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Is there a reason we cant show state in cluster?

Post by KD0ZV »

va3vf wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 16:22
Hi Jim,

Could you please elaborate on the interfacing of CC Cluster to Log4OM?

73 de Vince

Vince, I have not checked the V2 manual but the instructions were in the V1 manual.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
HB9VQQ
Old Man

Post by HB9VQQ »

So how does CC cluster show state data? My CC cluster is not querying QRZ.

Rich
CC User --> Configuration --> Ports/logging Program
Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG (60.5 KiB) Viewed 3898 times

Unbenannt2.JPG
Unbenannt2.JPG (85.74 KiB) Viewed 3898 times

Unbenannt3.JPG
Unbenannt3.JPG (104.9 KiB) Viewed 3892 times

State Info source is VE7CC cluster. The state information is obtained from the usdbraw.gz http://ftp.w1nr.net/
Flex 6600 - Spiderbeam
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

[/quote]
Hi Jim,
Could you please elaborate on the interfacing of CC Cluster to Log4OM?
73 de Vince
[/quote]

Vince,

Below is a screen clip of a Cluster Connections I made should I want to have CC User running in the background and connected (in my case/preference) to VE7CC. As I noted ... CC User has to up up/running (in background) for this link to work and provide spots.

Over the past many months I've instead just selected the VE7CC-1 (23) server and connected to that. I don't have to have CC User running the background for this link to function. I prefer to not have any more APPs running at any given time than I need to.

Now, I do still enable CC User and adjust the filters that I want to see coming down the pipeline into V2.

One of the items you have to keep in mind (and likely you are already aware of this) is that you have to be aware and utilize SSID values if you are going to log into the same server with the same call sign. Some servers balk at the same call sign signing in and may not function properly.

I keep on SSID for my operation of CC User and I keep another SSID for my server login from V2. Any filter adjustments you make at CC User will cover all SSIDs up to 14 or 15 (if I recall). SSIDs from that point up to 99 are all discreet.

Hope this helps a tad.

BTW - Thanks for using Log4OM V2.
Attachments
V2-VE7CC-Cluster-CCUser.JPG
V2-VE7CC-Cluster-CCUser.JPG (88.08 KiB) Viewed 3889 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
va3vf
Advanced Class

Post by va3vf »

Hi Nolan,

Sounds like I misunderstood Jim's post. Lack of sleep, sorry.

I thought he was referring to the CC Cluster standalone client. An excellent one, by the way.

As you likely saw it, I'm one of the few having problems with the cluster function in Log4OM v2. Until that is resolved, I'm using both the CC Cluster standalone client and SpotCollector. They each have a few things they other doesn't.

Now for some sleep, as I'm nearly non-functional. :(

73 de Vince.
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

HB9VQQ wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 17:18 State Info source is VE7CC cluster. The state information is obtained from the usdbraw.gz http://ftp.w1nr.net/
Thank you. That is the info i was looking for.

It really is the one thing I am lacking in Log4OM though. Takes care of everything else but not that.

73 and thanks

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

Rich,

Yes, I should have mentioned that you can use CC User to set your filters on the cluster, and then exit the program. Your filters should stay in place on the cluster, as long as the cluster is one that works with CC User (the CC Clusters should, of course). Once you have filters set for the spotter states, there should be no need to see that in the Log4OM cluster list. That doesn't help with the spotted states, of course.

Vince,

I see others have given you information on how to connect CC User to Log4OM.

Jim N6VH
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

Well that is my main draw to Log4OM is its ability to check the cluster against my Log. Has allowed me to rack up new ones at a decent rate over the last couple years.

The log4OM team has their hands full now with the V2 release but I hope in the future they would consider adding states to the fields for those that connect to a server that has that info can use it.

The spotter state is super handy for me and then of course the ability to see a new state per mode would be great.

But the info is there in the VE7CC telnet cluster. Would just love to use it.

And thanks for the heads up about not leaving CC user running. Makes sense. I think once you "tell cluster" the info stays with your login??
2020-01-25_14-12-12.jpg
2020-01-25_14-12-12.jpg (219.75 KiB) Viewed 3873 times
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
HB9VQQ
Old Man

Post by HB9VQQ »

If you work with Cluster filters just don't forget to use sh/mydx instead of sh/dx !
sh/dx disregards any filters you might have set.

Cluster settings are persistent per Call-(SSID). Where SSID is > 15 --> http://www.bcdxc.org/ve7cc/ssid.htm

Roland
Last edited by HB9VQQ on 28 Jan 2020, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
Flex 6600 - Spiderbeam
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

HB9VQQ wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 20:22 If you work with Cluster filters just don't forget to use sh/mydx instead of sh/dx !
sh/dx disregards any filters you might have set.

Cluster settings are persistent per Call-(SSID).

Roland
OK, question :)

This was a great tip I did not know. Has made me decide to dug into cluster stuff a little more.

But the log4om question I have... Is there a way to save multiple instances of host. It appears as soon as you create a new cluster config and save it then it overwrites any other known hosts you have saved with that address.

My thought was to have a VE7CC.net that was filtered with the sh/mydx command and then one that was not filtered so I could select control via Log4OM.

I had hoped these were saved based on the user friendly cluster name but it looks like they are saved with host address.

Not a big deal but would be nice to bypass host filtering.

And also I love the fact that its now easier to add multiple servers but would be nice if we could turn them on and off without physically disconnecting from server. The way technology is going I personally would like to be able to turn on/off things like CWskimmer and the main cluster from the main radio panel. I find myself changing that often depending on what I am doing. I am getting spots from online as well as CWskimmer and WSJT.

Thanks guys.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

OK its been a while so I am going to whine about this again :)

I need to come up with plan B if there is never going to be any potential for Log4OM to do this.

CC user works fantastic for setting up filter sets using SSIDs even though Log4OM has a small bug that will not allow you to save the same servers with different SSID without mixing up upper/lower case.

I still have the issue not alerted for needed states. Running the cluster against my database is the main reason I run Log4OM, but without having states it is incomplete.

I understand you cant query a database lookup service like QRZ without bring the computer to its knees but surely there has to be some way to do this? We know that some cluster servers query a database and include the state info. I can see this as shown in the picture above just by telnetting VE7CC.

Not to mention JTalert does this perfectly based on the data it gets from Log4OM.

So if Log4OM is never going to do this, how can we monitor states? My other Log4OM friends are running CCuser at the same time so they can look for needed states which is a huge pain as you need to remember which states you need on which bands.

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team