Is there a reason we cant show state in cluster?

General discussions V2
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Is there a reason we cant show state in cluster?

Post by KD0ZV »

It would be nice to see states on the cluster for both spotter and the station spotted.

CC cluster shows state. Can Log4om do that as well in the future?
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Is there a reason we cant show state in cluster?

Post by IW3HMH »

If you mean "State" this is not an information we actually have in Log4OM and i'm excluding the cluster is going to get info on external services due to performance reasons.
Is the state field shown for some specific contry calls? Do you know where it could be retrieved excluding QRZ/HAMQTH/etc?
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
va3vf
Advanced Class

Post by va3vf »

IW3HMH wrote: 24 Jan 2020, 15:56 Do you know where it could be retrieved excluding QRZ/HAMQTH/etc?
If LoTW is not in the etc above, I would try that.

Short of using gridsquare, which is not widely available unless in digital modes, 'nailing' the correct state is almost impossible.

Vince
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

IW3HMH wrote: 24 Jan 2020, 15:56 If you mean "State" this is not an information we actually have in Log4OM and i'm excluding the cluster is going to get info on external services due to performance reasons.
Is the state field shown for some specific contry calls? Do you know where it could be retrieved excluding QRZ/HAMQTH/etc?
Daniele, well with CCcluster for us stateside guys its really helpful to see the spotters state because being in the Midwest a California spot or one from Florida has little value to me as I usually cant hear them. So nice to see that at a glance.

And if you are chasing WAS on all the three modes it would be helpful there too. Right now that elusive state could be spotted and I never would notice it.

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
va3vf
Advanced Class

Post by va3vf »

kd0zv wrote: 24 Jan 2020, 16:16 ... with CCcluster for us stateside guys its really helpful to see the spotters state because being in the Midwest a California spot or one from Florida has little value to me as I usually cant hear them.
The same applies to us here in the 'colonies'.
kd0zv wrote: 24 Jan 2020, 16:16 And if you are chasing WAS on all the three modes it would be helpful there too. Right now that elusive state could be spotted and I never would notice it.
Yep...working on 5BWAS, and need 3 more states (1 on 15m and 2 on 10m).

Vince
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

kd0zv wrote: 24 Jan 2020, 16:16
Daniele, well with CCcluster for us stateside guys its really helpful to see the spotters state because being in the Midwest a California spot or one from Florida has little value to me as I usually cant hear them. So nice to see that at a glance.

And if you are chasing WAS on all the three modes it would be helpful there too. Right now that elusive state could be spotted and I never would notice it.

Rich
Rich,

If you use the CC User program it is very easy to specify which states you want to see spots from, and exclude all others. I interface that program to Log4OM, and it works great.

73 Jim N6VH
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

N6VH wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 15:10
Rich,

If you use the CC User program it is very easy to specify which states you want to see spots from, and exclude all others. I interface that program to Log4OM, and it works great.

73 Jim N6VH
Yes, I agree, but I already have to many programs running :)

Just be nice of Log4OM shows states so I did not have to. CC cluster is super powerful and have no issues with it but would like less programs running

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

kd0zv wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 15:29
N6VH wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 15:10
Rich,

73 Jim N6VH
Yes, I agree, but I already have to many programs running :)

Just be nice of Log4OM shows states so I did not have to. CC cluster is super powerful and have no issues with it but would like less programs running

Rich
We can't use data that does not exist in the incoming cluster data

The only way we could achieve this would be to check every incoming spot against QRZ, you can imaging how much that would slow the cluster down and what the reaction of QRZ would be to so many thousands of lookups being done!
73 Terry G4POP
va3vf
Advanced Class

Post by va3vf »

N6VH wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 15:10 I interface that program to Log4OM, and it works great.

73 Jim N6VH
Hi Jim,

Could you please elaborate on the interfacing of CC Cluster to Log4OM?

73 de Vince
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

G4POP wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 16:06
We can't use data that does not exist in the incoming cluster data

The only way we could achieve this would be to check every incoming spot against QRZ, you can imaging how much that would slow the cluster down and what the reaction of QRZ would be to so many thousands of lookups being done!
So how does CC cluster show state data? My CC cluster is not querying QRZ.

Rich
Attachments
2020-01-25_10-29-31.jpg
2020-01-25_10-29-31.jpg (141.42 KiB) Viewed 4078 times
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team