SQLITE datafile V1 vs V2

General discussions V2
K4SHQ
Advanced Class

SQLITE datafile V1 vs V2

Post by K4SHQ »

I have a PHP utility that I wrote for version 1 and it worked very well. I have version 2 and I'm having some sequencing issues when I use PHP to pull data from the version 2 data file. It seems that version 1 data was stored with the most recent QSO data stored as the first record in the file and version 2 stores the most recent at the bottom. Is that correct or am I missing something?
Dan Malcolm
K4SHQ
K4SHQ
Advanced Class

Re: SQLITE datafile V1 vs V2

Post by K4SHQ »

Since nobody has replied I'll assume there is no answer, but thanks to those who at least read the question. Let me ask a different question. I exported V1 to ADIF and then imported the ADIF file into V2. Log4OM2 can read and display all the records fine, but my PHP app can only read the first 7251 records. Those records were ported over from V1 via ADIF. The data file contains 7267 records as reported by Log4OM and DB Browser.

I understand that this isn't Log4OM's problem but I am looking for some help understanding the problem.
Dan Malcolm
K4SHQ
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Dan, sorry for late answer.
How the database stores records on it's internal structure is known only by the database.
As a general rule i'm always setting an orderBy clause to have records ordered as i need.

About finding the missing records:
Each qso has an UniqueID in the database. You can get a list of them from SQLIte and extract a list of them from your PHP application, then cross check them in excel to find the missing ones.
Once done it could be easier to find what is the issue, as those QSO will probably show the same "issue".

Let me know if you find something interesting
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
K4SHQ
Advanced Class

Post by K4SHQ »

That's what I ended up doing. Thanks for the reply.
Dan Malcolm
K4SHQ