ADIF Import Descrepancy

General discussions V2
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: ADIF Import Descrepancy

Post by G4POP »

WA2SQQ wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 19:45 Terry
Last night while operating the AM Rally. I decided to clean up the ADIF file, as per your instructions. I can't thank you enough for your suggestions and guidance. After about 2 hours of work the exported numbers now totally agree with the imported QSO's. I'm now officially running V2.

I have a few questions that I have not yet discovered how to make happen.
1. How can I have the DX Cluster automatically connect when V2 boots up? Currently I need to click the "Connect"
2. How can I have the DX cluster display all band. Right now it only displays what the filter has selected. V1 had an "open" spot that displayed all bands
3. How can LOG4OM open the stations QRZ page? Seems like that option was dropped and it now imports some of the stations data.
4. You previously commented not to use the "Country Correction" for the import function. Just curious what that actually does? You also suggested that I save the file in ADIF 3 format. If these are preferred, shouldn't the be the defaults?
5. So right now LOTW uploads when I shut down. If I disable that option, will V2 allow me to manually upload, as V1 allowed?

Again, MANY THANKS! You guys are SUPER!
1. Program config/ CAT select auto start
2. Deselect the selected bands, check the tool tip
3. Click on the QRZ.COM in the lookup box to right of call sign field
4. If the country correction is checked every incoming ask is checked to ensure the country is correct. As your incoming qso's came from our version 1 the countries are almost certainly already correct so no need to slow things Down udoing unnessesary checks

4a suplimentary - version 1 has choices for export to different programs, which should we choose as default?

5. Yes you can manually do everything, check out the qsl manager
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

"2. Deselect the selected bands, check the tool tip"
What is a "tool tip"?

I think I figured it out - If I had a band selected, I can deselect it using Ctrl+clicking on it. That seems to show all the bands I selected in the config section.
Sorry for all the questions, but this is a bit of a relearning exercise!
NS8K
Advanced Class

Post by NS8K »

G4POP wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 19:59
4. If the country correction is checked every incoming ask is checked to ensure the country is correct. As your incoming qso's came from our version 1 the countries are almost certainly already correct so no need to slow things Down udoing unnessesary checks
Terry,

When I imported from V1 I did select the "country correction" option and it did make some changes. I imported about 2,300 records so the conversion time was insignificant. Also, I'm not an avid DXer so I am not up on country name changes, etc. Here's what changed in my case:

Dominican Republic to Dominican Rep.
Fed. Rep. Germany to Fed. Republic of Germany
Bosnia Herzegovina to Bosnia-Herzegovina
Macedonia to North Macedonia

In the DX world I don't know if any of this is significant or not. I find it somewhat odd that in one case Republic is replaced with Rep. and in the other case Rep. is replaced with Republic. Perhaps there are name changes that are very significant but I didn't worked them in V1.

Not knowing what would change, I'd recommend selecting the "country correction" option when doing an ADIF import regardless of the source and regardless of how much additional time it takes. You only do the conversion once and a few extra seconds or minutes seem like time well spent.

Just my opinion.
73 - Tom NS8K