Changing User Preferences

General discussions V2
NS8K
Advanced Class

Changing User Preferences

Post by NS8K »

While updating Preferred Modes in User Preferences I've run across what may be a program problem. I've discovered if I either add or remove a mode(s) and then click on Save Config followed by Exit, the change is not reflected in the main screen. If I then go back into User Preferences, I see my changes are still there. This time if I click on Save and Apply (without making any other changes) the main screen now works properly.

Another way to have the changes appear in the main screen is to end and then restart V2. This behavior is the same in ver 2.2 and 2.3.

As I read through the manual, on page 124 under Common Functions, the Save Config, Save and Apply and Exit buttons are explained but the explanation doesn't indicate that Save Config followed by Exit is any different than Save and Apply or that it should not be used.

It seems logical to use Save Config when making multiple changes and finally an Exit when all is done. That may be an invalid assumption on my part but in my experience, it's somewhat of a standard Windows convention (if there is such a thing).
73 - Tom NS8K
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Changing User Preferences

Post by G4POP »

NS8K wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 05:18 While updating Preferred Modes in User Preferences I've run across what may be a program problem. I've discovered if I either add or remove a mode(s) and then click on Save Config followed by Exit, the change is not reflected in the main screen. If I then go back into User Preferences, I see my changes are still there. This time if I click on Save and Apply (without making any other changes) the main screen now works properly.

Another way to have the changes appear in the main screen is to end and then restart V2. This behavior is the same in ver 2.2 and 2.3.

As I read through the manual, on page 124 under Common Functions, the Save Config, Save and Apply and Exit buttons are explained but the explanation doesn't indicate that Save Config followed by Exit is any different than Save and Apply or that it should not be used.

It seems logical to use Save Config when making multiple changes and finally an Exit when all is done. That may be an invalid assumption on my part but in my experience, it's somewhat of a standard Windows convention (if there is such a thing).
It should be the same function apart from closing the window I will find out what is happening
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

If you have multiple profiles, you can select them, edit and save with SAVE button.
This will save the profiles without doing anything else.

Then you can exit without "restarting" your main profile (or changing it)

SAVE AND EXIT will save the current profile and reapply main profile changes to UI

I'll try to make that more clear...
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
NS8K
Advanced Class

Post by NS8K »

IW3HMH wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 17:33 If you have multiple profiles, you can select them, edit and save with SAVE button.
This will save the profiles without doing anything else.

Then you can exit without "restarting" your main profile (or changing it)

SAVE AND EXIT will save the current profile and reapply main profile changes to UI

I'll try to make that more clear...
Daniele,

First and most importantly, nice job on V2. You have certainly "raised the bar" in Ham Radio software. I hesitate to call this a logging program because it is so much more. Congratulations!

Thanks for the explanation on the various buttons in the Configuration editor. That explains what I was observing. You may also have a typo in your reply. Where you said SAVE AND EXIT I think you meant SAVE AND APPLY. No big deal.

Again, great job!
73 - Tom NS8K