Editing QSO

General discussions V2
ka4hot
Novice Class

Editing QSO

Post by ka4hot »

I've noticed when editing a QSO, on the Edit QSO/His Details tab there is a County field and below that is a State field. The County field is being populated with (State, County). Is this an issue, caused by how the data is read from another source, configurable, or works as designed? Seems like duplicate data since there is a separate State field. I found nothing in the user guide to address this. Thanks.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Editing QSO

Post by KI5IO »

ka4hot wrote: 11 Feb 2020, 20:17 I've noticed when editing a QSO, on the Edit QSO/His Details tab there is a County field and below that is a State field. The County field is being populated with (State, County). Is this an issue, caused by how the data is read from another source, configurable, or works as designed? Seems like duplicate data since there is a separate State field. I found nothing in the user guide to address this. Thanks.
Roy,

My county field is showing "county" and state field is showing "state". I've looked at many of my saved QSOs and have also entered in several tests and they all populate with county and state in proper field.

I'm using QRZ as my primary data source. I've also tested with HamQTH and both of those services are providing the right data to the proper fields.

Do you have the most current version of Log4OM2? V 2.3.0.0 ??
Attachments
Edit-QSO-County-State.JPG
Edit-QSO-County-State.JPG (37.72 KiB) Viewed 3474 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Reporter,

What Info Provider (in Configurations) are you using?

I use HamQTH as Primary and I see that same things - for example - "CO,BROOMFIELD // Broomfield" in the County field.

However, checking V1 of Log4OM, it shows the same thing, so I am thinking it is based on how HamQTH forwards the data.

Let us know which provider you are using.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
ka4hot
Novice Class

Post by ka4hot »

I'm away from my computer right now but best I can remember I set it up to use QRZ.com.
N9BBE
Advanced Class

Post by N9BBE »

I'm guessing this is a hold over issue from v1. At some point last year I think LOTW changes some formats in their conformation download. Daniele had fixed the 'State' field but never got the 'County' field fixed in v1. Think this might have slipped between the cracks?? Anyway look at this topic for a complete explanation.

forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3202&p=17828&hilit=state+field#p17828

Hope I copied that correctly. The thread was going at the end of May, beginning June last year and it'll be in the
v1 section of the forum.

If you look at the QSO records that have the county field messed up you'll find they all have LOTW conformations
downloaded. QSO records that don't have the county field messed up do not have LOTW conformations.

It's happening on my v2 installation also.

Jeff
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

Jeff,

Thanks for the additional details. I checked that and in my system, if the qso is confirmed by LotW it appears as "CA,LOS ANGELES // Los Angeles", but if not confirmed by LotW it appears as "CA,Los Angeles". Both incorrect, but in differing degrees. This is in the QSO edit, His Details tab.

I've added this to our bug tracking, and it awaits Danielle's attention.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA