GUI layout suggestion

General discussions V2
PE5TT
Advanced Class

GUI layout suggestion

Post by PE5TT »

Hello,

First thanks for the new log4om version 2.

i have a 1440p monitor and when i use Lgo4om fullscreen there is lots of unused gui space and the buttons "save QSO" and so are way of to the right
log4om.png
log4om.png (133.05 KiB) Viewed 4898 times
Surely there must be something possible to show there (as an option) example dxcluster or bandmap or propagation.
Its such a waste of space now, with the button unusable far away
73 Marcel de PE5TT www.daverveld.eu
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: GUI layout suggestion

Post by KI5IO »

PG8M wrote: 24 Mar 2020, 10:49 Hello,

First thanks for the new log4om version 2.

i have a 1440p monitor and when i use Lgo4om fullscreen there is lots of unused gui space and the buttons "save QSO" and so are way of to the right

log4om.png

Surely there must be something possible to show there (as an option) example dxcluster or bandmap or propagation.
Its such a waste of space now, with the button unusable far away
Marcel,

That space in the UI for Statistics (F1) tab is used. Depending upon what an OM has provided as data to the INFO Provider (IE: QRZ, HamQTH).
Attachments
UI-F1Tab.JPG
UI-F1Tab.JPG (106.31 KiB) Viewed 4875 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

KI5IO wrote: 24 Mar 2020, 18:37
That space in the UI for Statistics (F1) tab is used. Depending upon what an OM has provided as data to the INFO Provider (IE: QRZ, HamQTH).
Well there is still a ridiculous amount of space unless a user is running low resolution. But I don't see an easy fix because the program has to work for a wide range of users.

But like most comments in other threads those buttons seem to be misplaced. Unless there are more buttons planned for over in the right, these buttons should be in the QSO entry box.

I personally would like to have the option to turn toolbar buttons on and off which would allow more of them and have modules that could be turned on in this "grey" area. Things like DXCC statistics at a glance,etc.

My 2 cents :)

Rich
Attachments
2020-03-24_14-26-59.gif
2020-03-24_14-26-59.gif (91.43 KiB) Viewed 4869 times
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
PE5TT
Advanced Class

Post by PE5TT »

I have never seen any picture in this grey area,

My QRZ.com account is valid, there appears an green oke sign when i check the connection form the settings -> info provider.
The Operator Name field in the QSO entry screen gets populated so there is a valid connection with QRZ (my only info providor)
Also i simplified my password at QRZ so it does not contain any special characters anymore, used to have a strong password

But still only grey area ?
SQ5TDZ
Advanced Class

Post by SQ5TDZ »

PG8M wrote: 19 Apr 2020, 08:43 I have never seen any picture in this grey area,

My QRZ.com account is valid, there appears an green oke sign when i check the connection form the settings -> info provider.
The Operator Name field in the QSO entry screen gets populated so there is a valid connection with QRZ (my only info providor)
Also i simplified my password at QRZ so it does not contain any special characters anymore, used to have a strong password

But still only grey area ?
you must have a subscription on your qrz.com account , or use free hamqth

Andrew.....SQ5TDZ
PE5TT
Advanced Class

Post by PE5TT »

Please consider this layout. that would solve the the buttons being far away from the action. And you also lose the gray band all along the right side of Log4OM (Free real estate)
gui.png
gui.png (64.96 KiB) Viewed 4647 times
CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

PG8M wrote: 23 Apr 2020, 17:09 Please consider this layout. that would solve the the buttons being far away from the action. And you also lose the gray band all along the right side of Log4OM (Free real estate)

gui.png
Hello Marcel,

I really like your idea.
Even using the "Send Spot" button would be much more handy than having it on the right side, a little far from the area to which it relates.
We do not know if in the future with the inclusion of new features, it is necessary that the buttons are where they have always been, they may have been placed there for a reason that we do not yet know. However I reaffirm your idea seems to me very interesting. :)
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX