CUSTOM AWARD 2^ round

General discussions V2
i8bvw
Novice Class

CUSTOM AWARD 2^ round

Post by i8bvw »

Hello to all,
I'm going back to my simple Custom Award to ask for help again.
  My award is only for Fed.Republic Germany / FT8 / 40m QSO ( that I have selected in the first window of the Award Editor) but I have noticed that many times the "Award Statistics" takes as valid also QSO in CW or SSB mode and on other bands .
So if I use "Rescan Award References" for all my log, the QSO of all modes and bands are considered valid.
Can you tell me what mistake I made?
I thank you in advance for your reply.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CUSTOM AWARD 2^ round

Post by G4POP »

Vincenzo wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 16:41 Hello to all,
I'm going back to my simple Custom Award to ask for help again.
  My award is only for Fed.Republic Germany / FT8 / 40m QSO ( that I have selected in the first window of the Award Editor) but I have noticed that many times the "Award Statistics" takes as valid also QSO in CW or SSB mode and on other bands .
So if I use "Rescan Award References" for all my log, the QSO of all modes and bands are considered valid.
Can you tell me what mistake I made?
I thank you in advance for your reply.
Vincenzo,
You dont provide enough information about the construction of your award, in future export the award and post it in a zip file on the forum so that we can see what you have done wrong.

I suspect that you did not select an award type or search field and probably did not add a reference for FT8 to be scanned.

I have constructed what I think you are trying to achieve and its attached below, un zip the file then use the File/Import award menu at the top left corner of the awards manager to import it. Dont forget to rescan the award in the award view.

You will be able to open the award in the award manager and hopefully see what mistakes you made.

German FT8 40M award.zip
(762 Bytes) Downloaded 189 times
73 Terry G4POP
i8bvw
Novice Class

Re: CUSTOM AWARD 2^ round

Post by i8bvw »

Hi Terry,
thanks for the example file you have attached so I understood the error I was making because I was using a different processing system.
I am attaching the file of my BSA custom award for FT8 in 40mt that I made and I hope that the problem I encountered is clearer.
I was forced to apply a filter to eliminate unnecessary calls because the program considered all QSOs valid both in Digital and in SSB.
Finally today I uploaded the program to ver 2.5 and all the custom awards that I had made are gone but I had a copy of them on a second folder and I was able to recover them but I don't know if this problem is normal or my mistake.
73 de Vincenzo I8BVW
Attachments
GSA for I8BVW.xml
(1.65 KiB) Downloaded 176 times