G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: A day in the life of user support

Post by G4POP » 21 Apr 2020, 19:21

DK9JC wrote:
21 Apr 2020, 19:08
G4POP wrote:
21 Apr 2020, 18:35
Lele and I don't want to charge it's against the basic principals of what we do, donations are different and at the discretion of the user.
Well, I understand this approach. I would be interested to know whether the people who write to you by e-mail at least donate something afterwards?
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
73 Terry G4POP

VK7XX
Old Man

Post by VK7XX » 21 Apr 2020, 21:28

G4POP wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 07:35
<edited for clarity and brevity>
Apart from a couple of emails from friends I was surprised to have received 37 support request emails while I was asleep, an all-time record in all the years I have been providing amateur radio software support!

With one exception they were all because the user had not read the user guide or watched the videos, the exception was a question about something I had failed to document.
Yep, I know that occasionally I post before reading the updated docco (like I did today re IOTA) and I apologise for that, however, I did, and always try to, post further info when I find the fix myself.

thanks for all the years of hard work you have been doing Terry and its sad that people think its their right or even that its fun to abuse the team.

regards
John
VK7XX

N7RD
Novice Class

Post by N7RD » 22 Apr 2020, 00:18

Just my 2 cents worth. I've been using this program for a few years. It's the nicest logging program out there, PLUS it's free! If folks can't realize that the word FORUM means it's here to help us, well then they should not even be on the air. Then for those that post of Face Book, come on! That is for connecting to each other, NOT to complain about things. Get a life, grow up and learn to read the directions. Terry and all the staff are the best of any out there today. If you don't like it move on to another group and leave this fine bunch of Hams alone. Terry has always been there for us when we need him, give him a BIG HAND, he is amazing at baby setting all of us. Thank you Terry and the amazing staff.

Best Wishes,

Ron N7RD
Best Regards,
Ron D. Smith N7RD

N4PYI
Novice Class

Post by N4PYI » 26 Apr 2020, 12:15

Terry,

Shake the dust from your feet with people like that. I for one appreciate the software and the support you provide. It has to be a time consuming effort and it has to come for your love and dedication to ham radio.

Thanks for all you do. I love Log4OM and use nothing else for logging.
Brad, N4PYI

N4CQ
Novice Class

Post by N4CQ » 08 Jul 2020, 10:10

I just want to say THANK YOU to the Log4OM team for all that they do to help the ham community. It seems to me that any issue that comes up is accepted like some sort of paid work project rather than a voluntary, free service. I appreciate Terry's comments below and especially want to thank Nolan for his help in getting some minor issues resolved with FT8 logging. Your forum is worth every beer you guys have on my slate. (I spent a lot of time in the UK, and I am sure that Terry understands.)

Dave
N4CQ