Net Control

General discussions V2
g4nkx
Novice Class

Net Control

Post by g4nkx »

Hi everyone
New to v2, great software, however - having just set-up v 2.4 I get notification that 2.5 is released and yesss Net Control is included, so having set up and got the program roughly how I want it I decided to create our Club Net which includes about 12 or so stations - all went well and seems fine.
Then I decided to create a listing for a Joint local club net which often tops 20 stations, having made the entries I then closed the net as normal - then went to re-open to find it did'nt exist, it disappeared !
Three times I have performed this routine and the nets have not been saved - furthermore I created a "Test Net" which DID save, but then discovered I could'nt delete it either... so at the moment somewhat disappointed with that feature - which worked well on v1.
I ask the question as nothing has yet been posted on this topic since it has only just been introduced in v 2.5 .
Dont think I've missed anything, but thought it could be an issue that (Might) need attention.

Rgds Peter G4NKX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Net Control

Post by G4POP »

Peter,
I just tested everything that you mentioned and everything works for me in version 2.5.0.0 including deleting nets

Did you check the latest user guide because although it looks the same as V1 it is quiet different in function.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (36.51 KiB) Viewed 3140 times
73 Terry G4POP
g4nkx
Novice Class

Post by g4nkx »

Hi Terry:
Thank you for your reply - I do have the Log4OM2 manual here dated 30/3/2020 and does not mention Net Control, since it's only just been released - Anyway regarding the problem :- I created different net and inserted a few ficticious calls in the list - then closed it. I then tried to delete that net using the delete button, a pop-up box appears telling me that it will remove all participating stations, and thats exactly what it does - however the net is NOT deleted - I now have a couple of nets that wont delete.
I went to the trouble of re-installing Log4OM but it's the same (I'm running W10 Pro) Log4OM v1 runs Net Control without hitch.
It would be interesting to see if this problem occurs elsewhere ?!
My one and only net IS working for me so far so dare'nt touch it at the moment :) so not sure where to go at the moment - I still have v1 on board so could use it just for nets then export to v2 (Not ideal) . .

rgds Peter G4NKX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

g4nkx wrote: 23 Apr 2020, 10:12 Hi Terry:
Thank you for your reply - I do have the Log4OM2 manual here dated 30/3/2020 and does not mention Net Control, since it's only just been released
Peter,
I have been updating the user guide daily and sometimes two or three times a day so since 30/3/2020 there have probably been 40 updstes to the user manual.

Please download the latest version either from the help menu or our web site because it Deffinately covers net control.

Probably a good idea to download on your tablet if you have one because it's much easier to search and saves a few trees instead of printing.

Again this morning I retested net control and all works fine, my guesses as to why your having a problem could be as follows

1 . Program not installed in default directories
2. Directories and folders read only
3. UAC set too high
4 . Anti virus or malware protection preventing deletion, ESPECIALLY IF YOUR USING AVG
73 Terry G4POP
g4nkx
Novice Class

Post by g4nkx »

Hi Terry
Thanks for your last reply, have not had a chance to reply earlier - I did manage to find a latest copy of the manual, and yes it has different functions to v1 so was worth looking at for sure - There was nothing odd about the settings you mentioned in your earlier post other than I did install into a different folder !
Now this IS very odd - This evening I tried to delete the two redundant nets, but they will NOT delete - I then re-created the other net in which there are often 20+ stations and it actually saved, so risked entering a few stations just to see if it was working ok - and yes it IS . . . so I closed out and re-opened a few times (all ok).
I do have one other CW net to enter but I will try that later, so at the moment (anyway) my two main nets seem to be up and working - do not recall doing anything different though ?!
I have not yet tried the actual workings of a "Live Net" yet but we'll see on the day .
I guess the two "Test Nets" can stay there for now.

Thanks Terry for coming back so promptly (Much appreciated).

73'
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

You can always delete the unwanted nets directly from the folder C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM2\netcontrol

Each net is a .json file

However having not only used net control ever day since we added it to our first Alpha package and also testing again for your issues today I still cannot find any issues.

If you continue to have problems you will need to send me a support request, which should be generated immediately after experiencing the issue.
73 Terry G4POP
g4nkx
Novice Class

Post by g4nkx »

Hi Terry:
It's been a couple of weeks now since we exchanged and that's given me a chance to "USE" the Net functions - I can report it has been a success apart from the deletion of a couple of "Test Nets" which I removed as you previously described manually - its a great feature to have, having been involved in some quite large nets recently.
Running very well here on 3 rigs TS590S, IC7100, and IC7300.

Many thanks again for your time :D

73' Peter G4NKX