Omnirig will not open with log4om2

General discussions V2
GW0ANA
Novice Class

Omnirig will not open with log4om2

Post by GW0ANA »

Dear fellow log4om users.
I have tried for 3 days trying to get Omnirig to open on auto load on start with log4om2 but no luck.I have removed it from my computer win 7. Reinstalled Omnirig with full authority also got Omnirig checked for win7 operating system. But no luck.
The omnirig program is in the computer and if I click to run it it opens in the small 2 radio setting but no way will it communicate with my Icom 7300. I have followed G4POP YouTube video to the letter but it still will not connect to the program. It did once a few days ago but not now. With log4om2 running, if I go into the cat control settings has a green arrow tick against it but it will not open the Omnirig dialog control panel.
So I have reached the end of my limited knowledge in trying to get it back up running& logging.
Version 1 worked like a dream but when I lost my log file I ungraded to log4om2 but have yet to get it running properly. The facilities in the software look amazing but I am at the shop window looking in and want to taste the goodies hi for real. The USB cable I use between the Icom 7300 to the computer is a high quality Swedish one.
So any walk through or help would be very kindly appreciated. I can only open the omnirig on its on and it sits on the Desk Top doing nothing. The Cluster works all OK but not auto logging direct from FT8 program. I have to log them manually after the QSO.
Capture log4om2.JPG
Capture log4om2.JPG (169.64 KiB) Viewed 5783 times
Capture omnirig3.JPG
Capture omnirig3.JPG (47.83 KiB) Viewed 5783 times
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Omnirig will not open with log4om2

Post by KI5IO »

Glyn,

First things first ... Do you have your CAT service set to "auto start" when starting Log4OM V2 ?

See image from my installation below. Go to: Settings / Program Configuration / CAT Settings

Let's get that running first as you have listed several items all in one paragraph and we need to get back to basics.
Attachments
CAT-Start.JPG
CAT-Start.JPG (129.03 KiB) Viewed 5766 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
GW0ANA
Novice Class

Post by GW0ANA »

Greetings from Wales Nolan,

I truly thank you for agreeing to help me. I have done a page capture of my Cat Config and as you will see it is set to Auto. But unfortunately it does not respond. Nor will it open even though there is a green tick against the start Cat . It will not "Show Cat Interface" in the Cat drop down box.But It will show Cat Screen

It is so frustrating it makes one feel so stupid when what ever I try fails.

I have attached two screen captures that may help.
Capture Cat Setup.JPG
Capture Cat Setup.JPG (146.04 KiB) Viewed 5737 times
Capture off line.JPG
Capture off line.JPG (52.64 KiB) Viewed 5737 times

again many thanks for your true ham spirit.
73 Glyn GW0ANA
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Glyn,

GM - GA to you as well.

Keeping this to basics (meaning no other APPs running such as WSJTx, JTAlert, etc..) this time be sure your rig is turned on (actually it won't make any difference overall, but let's give that a try). Then restart V2 with the CAT "tic'd" to auto-start.

If you don't connect to your rig then go to: Help / Open Log File and scroll to the bottom of that file and see if there are any messages that might offer some information about connecting to OmniRig, etc..

Those log-files are saved as part of V2's normal operation and you can even do a 'file/save as' to another folder should you like.

Maybe there will be an error message that will provide a clue.
Plano, TX
GW0ANA
Novice Class

Post by GW0ANA »

Hi there Nolan,

I have saved the log file of which a lot is above my head hi. I send it to you.
Very much appreciate your time with my problems.
73 & you &

Glyn GW0ANA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DO NOT POST LOG FILES TO THE FORUM THEY CONTAIN YOUR PASSWORDS

Install Team viewer and then email me so that I can resolve this

I have a 7300 running perfectly with Log4om so it's a local issue on your pc
73 Terry G4POP
GW0ANA
Novice Class

Post by GW0ANA »

Hello Terry,

So sorry for posting my log did not know the consequences. I tried to down load Team Viewer but TalkTalk blocked it.
How can I change my password in Log4OM2? to secure it.

It looks like I will have to go back to Log4OM1 as my metal faculties and computer program skills are a bought zero. I watch YouTube help files & read the manual but these problems are beyond my competence.

I thank you for your advice & if you can advise me re the password change or any suggestions to getting Omnirig working.

But I do understand the pressures you and your team are under.
Kindest regards
You take care Glyn GW0ANA
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

GW0ANA wrote: 25 Apr 2020, 16:13 Hello Terry,

So sorry for posting my log did not know the consequences. I tried to down load Team Viewer but TalkTalk blocked it.
How can I change my password in Log4OM2? to secure it.

It looks like I will have to go back to Log4OM1 as my metal faculties and computer program skills are a bought zero. I watch YouTube help files & read the manual but these problems are beyond my competence.

I thank you for your advice & if you can advise me re the password change or any suggestions to getting Omnirig working.

But I do understand the pressures you and your team are under.
Kindest regards
You take care Glyn GW0ANA
Glyn,

There is not any password utilized to open and run Log4OM V2 or OmniRig. Why don't you go to the main Log4OM website and download the User Guide and the Quick Start Guide. They will save to your PC's hard-drive and you can open them in your preferred PDF viewer application. Most folks tend to use Adobe.

Read carefully the Quick Start Guide and maybe even download again the Log4OM V2 and start over with the installation.

As for TalkTalk blocking the Team Viewer download it appears you would have to provide a TalkTalk password or do something with that provider to "white-list" the Team Viewer download.

If you can get past that Terry can easily get your hiccup resolved as he noted he has the same rig in his QTH.
Plano, TX
GW0ANA
Novice Class

Post by GW0ANA »

Nolan,
I thank you for your patience and bearing with me. I will do this at once.

Kind regards
You & yours take care in the "Lone Star State".
73 Glyn
GW0ANA
Novice Class

Post by GW0ANA »

Hello again Nolan & Terry,

I have spent a lot of time looking into my computer,
In doing so I have found this error >>
Capture Teredo Tunneling Pseudo error 10.JPG
Capture Teredo Tunneling Pseudo error 10.JPG (19.41 KiB) Viewed 5580 times
I am not computer savvy enough to know what it does but I have found this help file that should fix it. Resolve Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Error From Command Prompt
1. Open command prompt with administrator credentials (Find CMD and right-click - Run as Administrator).
2. Type netsh and hit Enter.
3. Type in int teredo and press Enter
4. Type set state disabled and hit Enter
5. Open Device Manger and Uninstall Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
6. Go back to the command prompt and type in netsh and hit Enter
7. Type int ipv6 and press enter
8. Enter in set teredo client and hit Enter
9. Go back to the Device Manager and Scan for New Hardware.
10. Select Show Hidden Devices from the view menu. The Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface should now be present with no errors.
11. If the above steps did not resolve the issue, there are also steps that can be taken to edit the registry to resolve the error message.

I tried looking for a new driver but computer stated that driver was the latest?. Again many thanks 73 Glyn