Cluster Disconnects

General discussions V2
N4PYI
Advanced Class

Cluster Disconnects

Post by N4PYI »

This is something that I saw in Log4OM V1 and also in Log4OMv2. I usually connect to a couple of clusters and also Supercluster. At random periods of time, the clusters appear to disconnect. I kept the cluster terminal window open to monitor the traffic and it appears that both clusters just stopped sending, meaning there was no indication in the terminal window that there was a "disconnect", etc. I have a friend that also uses Log4OMv2 and he sees the same thing. If you click to connect the clusters, they connect right back up, no problem. Then sometime later I will see I am only getting cluster data from the supercluster and the cluster indicator in Log4OM is grey as opposed to green.

I just wondered if anyone else has seen this and if there is any kind of fix or if someone knows why this happens. Just curious.
Brad, N4PYI
W2MJP
Old Man

Re: Cluster Disconnects

Post by W2MJP »

N4PYI wrote: 26 Apr 2020, 12:07 This is something that I saw in Log4OM V1 and also in Log4OMv2. I usually connect to a couple of clusters and also Supercluster. At random periods of time, the clusters appear to disconnect. I kept the cluster terminal window open to monitor the traffic and it appears that both clusters just stopped sending, meaning there was no indication in the terminal window that there was a "disconnect", etc. I have a friend that also uses Log4OMv2 and he sees the same thing. If you click to connect the clusters, they connect right back up, no problem. Then sometime later I will see I am only getting cluster data from the supercluster and the cluster indicator in Log4OM is grey as opposed to green.

I just wondered if anyone else has seen this and if there is any kind of fix or if someone knows why this happens. Just curious.
Hi Brad
I had posted the same question not to long again. You may want to search it on the forum, but my replies were that the com port is going to sleep on your computer. You need to turn off sleep modes for the port and the computer. GL
Mike-W2MJP