All US callsigns are EM19 today

General discussions V2
W0OGH
Advanced Class

All US callsigns are EM19 today

Post by W0OGH »

Today for some reason all the USA stations from coast to coast are showing EM19 as their locator and i know that isn't right. If i put up a callsign in the callsign block the grid shows up correctly. I looked at VE7CC cluster with his program and all the grid locators as the stations are being spotted show up correctly. I queried QRZ.com about it, no reply as yet. Any idea why this is happening? DX calls are all showing correctly, it's just the US stations that are showing this. I've looked at my configuration but don't see anything that would cause this. I've closed the program and rebooted but nothing changes.
Larry W0OGH
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: All US callsigns are EM19 today

Post by DF5WW »

Tried different US callsigns and all show the correct one if they stored it at the different
lookup services. Am using here HamQTH for my lookups. If you use qrz.com and you get
the wrong locators it must be a problem at their side. Nothing changed in Log4OM that
can cause this.

1.png
1.png (27.42 KiB) Viewed 5931 times
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
W0OGH
Advanced Class

Post by W0OGH »

If i look at the VE7CC web site using CCuser all the grids are correct as shown on the various posts. Yes, i use QRZ.com. I sent them a msg yesterday to see if they could look into it. And if i put a call sign into the callsign block on Log4OM it comes up correct, like you did for mine. Somewhere in translation EM19 is getting stuck. Still doing it this morning. glad to hear that Log4om isn't causing the problem.
Larry W0OGH
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

This topic is about V2 and was originally posted in the V1 portion of the Forum.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
W0OGH
Advanced Class

Post by W0OGH »

Hi Nolan,
I am looking at the VE7CC Cluster as a standalone program. As the spots come thru there the US stations show their respective grids which appear to be correct. However when they come up on the Log4OM V2 cluster page, all the US stations show EM19. N0LL, W4TDH, WB5DXZ/B N4EX/P etc. If i put them up and look at them from the QRZ.com base, they are correct. Something in Log4om is changing them to read EM19. What setting or part of the setup would do this. My settings for my location are correct and should not affect that at all. Something screwy here. It's been going on for days now with no letup. HELP!
Larry W0OGH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Stop using the CTY file as 1st priority in the program config
73 Terry G4POP
W0OGH
Advanced Class

Post by W0OGH »

Didn't realize that would cause the problem. Anyway i have disabled it. I put clublog as the primary and left both the secondary and 3rd option as none. Is there a better arrangement? Thanks for info as it was a bother and glad to have it stop.
Larry W0OGH
PS: The EM19 situation still exists. I shut the compute down and brought it back up. restarted LOG4OM V2 and when the cluster came up the US stations were still showing EM19. Looking at the VE7CC cluster direct, reiterate, US stations show their own grid. Looking at the JTAlert decode page, all the US stations are correct in their Grid id. Only on the main page of LOG4OM V2 are they in error on the cluster listing. Is there something else i can/should do?

As an added note today, May 17, i noticed that the VE stations from VE7, VA6, VE6, Ve 3 etc are all showing up as DO87 in the callsign location field. Is that tied to the US stations all showing up as EM19? Gotta be a common in there someplace.
W0OGH
Advanced Class

Post by W0OGH »

DF5WW wrote: 03 May 2020, 09:06 Tried different US callsigns and all show the correct one if they stored it at the different
lookup services. Am using here HamQTH for my lookups. If you use qrz.com and you get
the wrong locators it must be a problem at their side. Nothing changed in Log4OM that
can cause this.

1.png
I have upgraded to the latest version of LOG4OM today. The problem with All US stations showing up as grid location EM 19 still exists. I only see it on the LOG4OM front page, that problem does not exist when looking at the VE7CC cluster in the cluster management screen of LOG4OM 2. There must be something that differentiates the grid locator between the cluster management screen and the LOG4OM front page when viewing the cluster. It's not QRZ.com and it's not the VE7CC cluster. Those are the only two references i use. Of course when i look up my call sigh it returns the correct grid, DM52ba but if it is a call sign coming off the cluster data, it is wrong for USA stations. Only EM19 reported.
Larry W0OGH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

The cluster only checks country and CTY files to obtain a mid country locator but when the spot is clicked to transfer to the lookup screen an in depth check is done for the correct locator, you will see locator and azimuth info change as it's looked up

We can't rely on the incoming raw data from the cluster because not every server is as good as ve7cc and the cluster would slow to a stop if we did a full in depth lookup for every spot.
73 Terry G4POP
W0OGH
Advanced Class

Post by W0OGH »

I've said it before and i'll say it again, The problem is not with the VE7CC cluster and that is the only one i monitor. That data comes in with the right information as far as grids go but when it shows up on the main page, F8, all US stations show up as being in grid EM19. Something in the movement of that particular bit of data is being changed or is locked to grid EM19 as being shown. Is there a setting someplace that would affect this, if so i am not aware of what it might be but there must be a cure for this problem. When the QSo info comes in via QRZ.COM and populates the main screen it is correct, does not show EM 19. I reboot this computer at least once a day and nothing changes. should i just forget about it? Fortunately other screens show the correct grid.
Larry W0OGH