Cluster filtering?

General discussions V2
KA4CDN
Old Man

Cluster filtering?

Post by KA4CDN »

Boy I hate to ask this because it has probably been asked but with the forum search tools I can't find my answer.

Is it possible to filter out of the Cluster View spots with "Spot Mode" = FT8? I do not do FT4, FT8, etc. Log4OM clearly knows the spot is digital, the Spot Mode says so, yet I have the Filters Digital checkbox un-checked and they continue to flood my cluster view.

Thanks for the V2. I'm now fully hooked and committed to it. V1 is no longer used. Kudos to Terry as the manual gets more impressive almost by the day.

73 Mike KA4CDN

V 2.5.0.0
User manual: Updated: 02/05/2020 1:21 PM
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster filtering?

Post by KI5IO »

KA4CDN wrote: 06 May 2020, 22:00 Boy I hate to ask this because it has probably been asked but with the forum search tools I can't find my answer.

Is it possible to filter out of the Cluster View spots with "Spot Mode" = FT8? I do not do FT4, FT8, etc. Log4OM clearly knows the spot is digital, the Spot Mode says so, yet I have the Filters Digital checkbox un-checked and they continue to flood my cluster view.

Thanks for the V2. I'm now fully hooked and committed to it. V1 is no longer used. Kudos to Terry as the manual gets more impressive almost by the day.

73 Mike KA4CDN

V 2.5.0.0
User manual: Updated: 02/05/2020 1:21 PM
Mike,

Not sure which cluster you are using as there are many to choose from. I tend to use the ve7cc cluster most of the time. I'm also about 99% CW and use the 'set' commands that Lee Sawkins has available for his cluster. Screen clip below shows those command from the logon tab of CC User. I also set certain frequencies to pass or not pass from the CC User. Once I get things tweaked I close CC User and my ve7cc cluster view in V2 is mostly free of digital spots.

The ID's for the digital modes tend to show up in many locations so it is difficult to have just one switch to toggle their view on or off.

Thanks for making the switch to V2. So much to chew on with the new APP and Daniele has lots more to come.
Attachments
ve7cc_cluster.JPG
ve7cc_cluster.JPG (49.04 KiB) Viewed 3740 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KA4CDN
Old Man

Post by KA4CDN »

Thanks. I might have to change. I use a couple of DXSpider cluster nodes. I've got:
Reject on hf/data
but it is not helping much that I can tell.
iu4jnr
Novice Class

Post by iu4jnr »

KA4CDN wrote: 06 May 2020, 22:00 Boy I hate to ask this because it has probably been asked but with the forum search tools I can't find my answer.

Mike, look at the thread @ https://forum.log4om.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5208
It could answer your question, if you don't mind to exclude some small portion of the bands. I just excluded the FT4/FT8 known frequencies and it works so far .
Max