2.7.0.0 band map feature

General discussions V2
VK7XX
Old Man

2.7.0.0 band map feature

Post by VK7XX »

I like the new band map feature :D thanks for all the hard work the authors and testers do ...

great job

John
VK7XX
K0HB
Old Man

Re: 2.7.0.0 band map feature

Post by K0HB »

I agree with John.

You got this exactly right!

Thanks.
DE Hans, KØHB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Superstition Trails ----> http://OldSlowHans.com
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Terry
An incredible update - many thanks!
I do have a few questions:
1. Is the band map intended to be a stand-alone feature, in that it is not linked to the DX cluster band in use with the radio?

2. Let's say I am operating on 20M, and displaying 20M on the Cluster. I've just worked G3POP. I use the band map and highlite a station, lets say a "4X6". That automatically populates the 4X6 call into the QSO data field. However, if I than click on "statistics" it does not show the stats for the 4X6 call I selected from the band map - it shows the "G" stats for the last selected call from the cluster.

I'm thinking that this isn't a bug, but if it were linked it would be an easy way of checking the stats for entries from the band map. Maybe in the future, a user select-able option? Again, no complaint, just seeking some clarity.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

WA2SQQ wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 20:03 Terry
An incredible update - many thanks!
I do have a few questions:
1. Is the band map intended to be a stand-alone feature, in that it is not linked to the DX cluster band in use with the radio?

It is linked to the cluster spots and can display bands independently or by clicking the small padlock be synchronised with your radio band and frequency

2. Let's say I am operating on 20M, and displaying 20M on the Cluster. I've just worked G3POP. I use the band map and highlight a station, lets say a "4X6". That automatically populates the 4X6 call into the QSO data field. However, if I than click on "statistics" it does not show the stats for the 4X6 call I selected from the band map - it shows the "G" stats for the last selected call from the cluster.
Not sure what your doing wrong but its working for me - I entered a G call and added the QSO like I had just worked him then clicked a bandmap spot and the details/statistics of that station were displayed.
I'm thinking that this isn't a bug, but if it were linked it would be an easy way of checking the stats for entries from the band map.

No bug that I can see or understand

Also note when the 'Lock on CAT' padlock has been clicked then the frequency marker follows the rig being tuned and of course a double click on a spot changes the radio band and mode
73 Terry G4POP
w4pg
Novice Class

Post by w4pg »

Terry:

I'm seeing the same issue regarding statistics. If I click on a call within the cluster screen, the call is entered into the QSO screen, the statistics regarding the QSO screen AND the statistics over by the new bandmap are updated. HOWEVER, when I click on a call in the new band map window, that call is entered into the QSO screen and THOSE statistics are updated, but NOT the statistics associated with the band map window. Double-clicking moves the CAT to the frequency, but still no update of those statistics by the band map though the ones by the QSO pane are updated. Does that make sense??

.............Bob W4PG
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

OK now I can emulate this will check it out for next release
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I think there is a small misunderstand about statistics, talking about the Confirmed/worked matrix shown "between" cluster and band map.
In the main USER INTERFACE you can see 2 distinct statistics matrix

One is "bounded" with the cluster, and reacts to the callsign selected in the cluster (works reacting to a single click, no need to have the callsign in the QSO main screen). This is part of the statistics control and works always in conjunction with the cluster list.
The fact it's placed near the band map may confuse, but this belongs to the cluster shown on his left side. That's the matrix shown in "Cluster (F8)" tab

There is another statistics matrix, in Main (F6) screen. This one will work with QSO callsign entry in top left area and this, yes, will react to spots clicked in the band map, because is triggered from changes in the callsign, triggered by band map.
Changing this behaviour is complex, because cluster control is an "atomic" control that works independently from his context and works also in detachable screens.

What i can do is to give to the 2 different band maps a "backcolor" coding that allow users to promptly identify they're watching a cluster bounded matrix or a main UI bounded matrix
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
SQ5TDZ
Advanced Class

Post by SQ5TDZ »

hello Daniel
could it be done so that the information about the sign in the band map window was also colored like in the cluster window ?
Andrew.....SQ5TDZ
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

SQ5TDZ wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 08:22 hello Daniel
could it be done so that the information about the sign in the band map window was also colored like in the cluster window ?
you mean the background of the callsign for the "worked before"?
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
SQ5TDZ
Advanced Class

Post by SQ5TDZ »

IW3HMH wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 09:07
SQ5TDZ wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 08:22 hello Daniel
you mean the background of the callsign for the "worked before"?
Yes , exactly

Andrew.....SQ5TDZ