TNX and I need a little coaching.

General discussions V2
W3LI
Old Man

TNX and I need a little coaching.

Post by W3LI »

First of all let me thank Daniele, Terry and the whole staff for the Ver2. At first it looked scary but it is not. I have only 1 request and that is at the top of the main page in that black area there is a small box with a place to click on a 1 or 2. Since I am using both inputs alot is there anyway the next time graphics are redone could that box be made larger? During this week event for the 13 colonies award I was back and forth between the 1 and the 2 constantly. I missed a few times and ended up putting the wrong frequency in the log. No biggy, just a thought.
Now, I still have not figured out how to send SELECTED calls to LOTW. I am sitting here with pages 90,91,92 in the user manual trying to figure this out. I do not want to send the entire log each time.
In ver 1 of Log4 I was able to click on the calls to send. I have lost 2 calls all ready trying to do this action. I do not want to auto send to LOTW. I only send the calls that are new or a special event or DExpeditions etc.
Any help would be appreciated. Really like the Ver 2 now.
Andy... W3LI
N6VH
Old Man

Re: TNX and I need a little coaching.

Post by N6VH »

Andy,

As far as sending QSOs to LOTW, why not send all of your QSO's that haven't already been sent? Here's the way I do it. In QSL Manager, click on "LOTW" in the "Search confirmation box". Then click on "Select required" and click on "Upload selected QSO". and go from there. It is pretty quick, and probably takes less time than deciding which QSOs to upload. Incidentally, I have my "LOTW Sent" field set to "No" until I send the QSO to LOTW. It is then automatically changed to :"Yes".

Jim N6VH
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

W3LI wrote: 10 Jul 2020, 22:17 First of all let me thank Daniele, Terry and the whole staff for the Ver2. At first it looked scary but it is not. I have only 1 request and that is at the top of the main page in that black area there is a small box with a place to click on a 1 or 2. Since I am using both inputs alot is there anyway the next time graphics are redone could that box be made larger? During this week event for the 13 colonies award I was back and forth between the 1 and the 2 constantly. I missed a few times and ended up putting the wrong frequency in the log. No biggy, just a thought.
Now, I still have not figured out how to send SELECTED calls to LOTW. I am sitting here with pages 90,91,92 in the user manual trying to figure this out. I do not want to send the entire log each time.
In ver 1 of Log4 I was able to click on the calls to send. I have lost 2 calls all ready trying to do this action. I do not want to auto send to LOTW. I only send the calls that are new or a special event or DExpeditions etc.
Any help would be appreciated. Really like the Ver 2 now.
Andy... W3LI
Andy,

You can open a larger CAT Control panel at: Connect / CAT / CAT Screen

I've added screen clip of that image below. Will that help?
Attachments
CAT-Control.JPG
CAT-Control.JPG (34.52 KiB) Viewed 3779 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

Nolan, thank you for the idea. It does make it larger for sure. However, it covers up too much of the monitor.
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

Good morning JIM N6VH. I followed your procedure ok thru to the statement "Upload selected QSO" At this point a page titled "Upload Confirmations" comes up with nothing on it?????
My point is, I do not want to send all QSO"s to LOTW. Many calls would be repeats many times over.
In VER 1 of Log4 I could select the calls that I wanted to send or not want to send.
Thank you for your interest.
Andy... W3LI
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

W3LI wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 14:58 Nolan, thank you for the idea. It does make it larger for sure. However, it covers up too much of the monitor.
Andy,

You can move that CAT panel anywhere you want on the screen like any windows panel. You can also grab the corner of the CAT panel and resize it to your needs/desires.
Plano, TX
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

W3LI wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 15:24 Good morning JIM N6VH. I followed your procedure ok thru to the statement "Upload selected QSO" At this point a page titled "Upload Confirmations" comes up with nothing on it?????
My point is, I do not want to send all QSO"s to LOTW. Many calls would be repeats many times over.
In VER 1 of Log4 I could select the calls that I wanted to send or not want to send.
Thank you for your interest.
Andy... W3LI
Andy,

Regarding uploads (I'll focus on LOTW as that is what you have noted in your posts). You can easily pick/choose which Q's you want to upload to LOTW.
  • Open QSL Manager
  • Select LOTW in the Search Confirmation dropdown
  • Tap the green Search button (all of you Q's will then appear in the window)
You will likely see the recent (in this case 13-Colonies event) that you want to upload. Note that you can resize the QSL Manage window to show more/less Q's in the panel as you see necessary.
  • Click on each Q you want to upload. If they are not immediately adjacent to another another hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard while you are making your choices with your left mouse button.
  • Once you have completed this selection process tap the Upload Selected QSO button and complete the upload to LOTW.
  • Wait for the upload to complete.
Very easy and this type of selection process is what is common throughout the Windows O/S environment.

Screen clip below shows a few of the Q's I've selected for upload to LOTW. Don't be too critical as I've already uploaded mine, but wanted to show you the screen with the various Q's being selected as I noted above.
Attachments
lotw-qso-upload.JPG
lotw-qso-upload.JPG (215.93 KiB) Viewed 3750 times
Plano, TX
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

Howdy again Nolan, Now that is the way I want to be able to do the LOTW Upload. I printed the procedure out and will follow it as I go along. Will keep the copy in the Log4 manual. I print everything to save.
TNX again.
Andy... W3LI
W3LI
Old Man

Post by W3LI »

Nolan, just sent 52 q's out of 90 to LOTW with this procedure. Works well.
Andy...W3LI
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

W3LI wrote: 11 Jul 2020, 17:34 Howdy again Nolan, Now that is the way I want to be able to do the LOTW Upload. I printed the procedure out and will follow it as I go along. Will keep the copy in the Log4 manual. I print everything to save.
TNX again.
Andy... W3LI
Andy,

Just a head's up ... if you plan on printing a UG you will be doing a lot of printing. It is continually being updated. The month of June had between 12-14 UG updates.

That will be a lot of paper and ink.
Plano, TX