Mode List

General discussions V2
G3ZSS
Old Man

Mode List

Post by G3ZSS »

Can you please add JTMS to the regular mode list - a mode regularly used by VHF meteor scatter users. Thanks, Peter
73 Peter G3ZSS
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Mode List

Post by DF5WW »

I have checked the Mode enumeration at ADIF.org but there is no JTMS listed. Regulary modes are the
modes are listed in the ADIF Mode enumeration. You can modify your modelist and save it as modelist_user
but if this mode is not a regulary one it can resulting in errors when you try to upload to the LotW or so.

Here´s the link to the latest adif specs:

https://adif.org/311/ADIF_311.htm#Mode_Enumeration
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G3ZSS wrote: 14 Oct 2020, 08:18 Can you please add JTMS to the regular mode list - a mode regularly used by VHF meteor scatter users. Thanks, Peter
Peter

Add it yourself and save it as a user file e.g. modelist_user.csv

We only add modes to the default list when they are included in the ADIF specification that's why we employ user files
73 Terry G4POP
G3ZSS
Old Man

Post by G3ZSS »

Thanks. I already have my own modelist_user.csv with JTMS;JTMS;JTMS. My next question is how is "SUBMODE" used in the user file as a workaround? For example how would JTMS be treated if I had my user file entry as MSK144;MSK144;MSK144;JTMS? Would it then log an imported ADIF with JTMS as MSK144? I cannot find anything in the user manual about SUBMODE?
Thanks Peter
73 Peter G3ZSS
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G3ZSS wrote: 14 Oct 2020, 10:34 Thanks. I already have my own modelist_user.csv with JTMS;JTMS;JTMS. My next question is how is "SUBMODE" used in the user file as a workaround? For example how would JTMS be treated if I had my user file entry as MSK144;MSK144;MSK144;JTMS? Would it then log an imported ADIF with JTMS as MSK144? I cannot find anything in the user manual about SUBMODE?
Thanks Peter
Peter
I dont know much about the subject but it would seem to me that whoever came up with JTMS as a mode has missed that there is an ADIF field for Propogation Mode (PROP_MODE)

Using JTMS as a mode is confusing modes with a propogation type and we had this discussion a couple of years ago in the ADIF developers group.

So I would have logged the QSO's as the mode in use like JT9-30 and prop Mode as Meteor scatter (MS) as below then any import/export would contain all information required in the ADIF file

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (34.2 KiB) Viewed 2460 times
73 Terry G4POP
G3ZSS
Old Man

Post by G3ZSS »

Thanks Terry. If you look in the WSJT app, then JTMS is a stand alone mode with it's own defined transmission characteristics as invented by K1JT! I use the MSHV app for MS QSOs and it already defines the Prop field in the ADIF file as MS. I will just manually change to another digital mode like MSK144 so I can upload to LOTW! 73 Peter
73 Peter G3ZSS