Info ... (if it possible)

General discussions V2
IZ4WNP
New user

Info ... (if it possible)

Post by IZ4WNP »

Good morning Sir.
I was trying the version 2 just downloaded but I came across two things for which I could not find solutions neither in the manual nor in St. Google (sorry in case I lost them).
I get to the point.
1) During the installation phase it asked me for the language, I selected Italian, but then the program, once launched, remained in English. I remembered that in vers. 1 there was the possibility to select (even at a later time) the language that after a restart showed all the menus in our language. Now it is not a transcendental thing, but I just wanted to understand if I missed something on the way myself (surely) or else.
2) With other programs, when I started it I was shown the summary page with the list of connections in the foreground. This was something that I had also looked for with version 1 and I had not found a solution (surely for my lack) and I found it also in this one. In short, once LOG4OM is started it starts and remains in "MAIN (F6) mode and to see the list of connections you have to (at least in my case) press on" Recent QSO's (F7) ". (if anyone has had more experience with the program in question).

Thanks again to those who have read me up to here.
Good day.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Info ... (if it possible)

Post by DF5WW »

The only instance which asking you for Language is Windows himself. The program is in englisch
only.

Log4OM is programmed to show the main page after starting. If you like to see the F7 page you
have to hit the F7 tab once after each start. Don´t know it´s planned to change something that
Log4OM remembers the last view but at the moment the main page with F6 Tab at startup is the
way.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
IZ4WNP
New user

Post by IZ4WNP »

Thanks for the quick reply !
G.
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

DF5WW wrote: 15 Oct 2020, 10:41 <snip>
Log4OM is programmed to show the main page after starting. If you like to see the F7 page you
have to hit the F7 tab once after each start. Don´t know it´s planned to change something that
Log4OM remembers the last view but at the moment the main page with F6 Tab at startup is the
way.
I would like this feature as I hardly every use the main window. I mainly use the F7 tab.
On reflection, I would like the ability to change the order of the F6 > F10 tabs. I would prefer the F7 and F10 tabs to be next to each other. TBH, I cannot see why they are so far apart.
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.