Grouped cluster

General discussions V2
m5aec
Advanced Class

Grouped cluster

Post by m5aec »

In settings I have Cluster max age set to 20 mins but this does not work, therefore, I would like to limit to 20 items, this though is ignored when grouped cluster is ticked.
grouped cluster is recommended, why, and what is the effect of having it unticked. Barrie
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Grouped cluster

Post by G4POP »

Ungrouped you will see every spot

e.g. if ten people spot M5AEC you will see all ten entries in the waterfall

Grouped you will see only the latest entry for that spot, all older spots for that call are hidden but you can see the entries comments by hovering over the spot.

Did you allow time for the cluster to respond to the time filter, this can take time if there are not many spots being received
73 Terry G4POP
m5aec
Advanced Class

Post by m5aec »

Thanks for speedy response Terry, Time limit has been set for days, right now the range is 1102 back to 0710! Think I will try ungrouped for a while 73 Barrie
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

m5aec wrote: 21 Oct 2020, 11:07 Thanks for speedy response Terry, Time limit has been set for days, right now the range is 1102 back to 0710! Think I will try ungrouped for a while 73 Barrie
Ungrouped will not make any difference to time

When cluster first loads you get all spots, you then need to wait for the filter to activate on new incoming spots

If you restart the program or cluster you start over again
73 Terry G4POP