LOG4OM / LOTW Interfacing

General discussions V2
WA2SQQ
Old Man

LOG4OM / LOTW Interfacing

Post by WA2SQQ »

Due to their unfamiliarity with LOG4OM, the guys at ARRL / LOTW were unable to assist me with these questions. I am going to add another "certificate" to LOTW for my previous call, WN2SQQ. Once their TQSL is issued I'll have to export all the contacts made under my old call and upload them separately.

My question is, when LOG4OM connects to LOTW, will it update both calls at the same time, or, is it somehow a separate operation?

Also, when I transferred the paper logs to LOTW I left the "Station Call" blank. I plan to do a bulk edit and add the info in. My question is, does LOTW use "Station Call" to verify a contact, or is their TQ5 certificate used?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: LOG4OM / LOTW Interfacing

Post by G4POP »

No LOTW will not accept a dual upload using multiple certificates during one upload, they require separate uploads although they will link the results for the two calls on their database.

I have two calls and consequently two TQSL certificates as you can see from the TQSL screen shot below

TQSL.jpg
TQSL.jpg (22.83 KiB) Viewed 1980 times

I have to upload separately for each call and this can either be done by using two configs in Log4OM or by manually changing the information in the external services window as below.

TQSL1.jpg
TQSL1.jpg (76.28 KiB) Viewed 1980 times
TQSL2.jpg
TQSL2.jpg (84.75 KiB) Viewed 1980 times
73 Terry G4POP
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Terry
You say it will link the 2 calls on the download.
I am in a similar situation as yours, my personal callsign and a clubcallsign.
I do NOT want them to be linked, otherwise, for example, a new-country spot for the clubcall would not appear as new if it is already confirmed with my own callsign.
How can I keep them separated ?
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

No I said LOTW WILL link it - You need to request them to be linked or unlinked at LOTW

If you want to see cluster NEEDED spots for each separate call then you need to separate your database into the two, one for each call

We could perhaps add a feature to enable the WB4/Confirmed cluster spot status to be checked against your Station call sign but its the first time this has been requested.

LOTW count your results either by your separate calls or by your combined (Linked) calls and the confirmations and credits are valid either way.
73 Terry G4POP
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Hi Terry
OK, so I misunderstood what you wrote.
Theoritically, you can't link a club callsign with a personal callsign, since the club call can be used by several ops.
I have 2 different accounts, so it is fine the way it is.
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV