New Version 2.12 - experience so far with TS990S

General discussions V2
M0RMY
Novice Class

New Version 2.12 - experience so far with TS990S

Post by M0RMY »

Hi All,

Just a few observations on the new version (2.12) which I uploaded today.

Firstly - I have only just "migrated" from the "competition" having wanted a change from that software and to look at the alternatives. So far it is superb, so very many thanks to the team. I used it all weekend and it was great fun.

Having upgraded to v2.12 today, I immediately noted that the CAT interface was not working if Hamlib was enacted as the CAT engine . I am using a TS990S and I noted that the radio option for the TS990 had changed (still Beta but a different drop down choice). The band maps would not lock onto the CAT and the modes were not registering. Interestingly, having changed to Omnirig, using the TS2000 as the radio choice, it is all fine again.

So, this is definitely not a gripe could easily be a "ID-10-T" error here - just an interesting observation which may be of use to someone else.

Great product.

73 Tom M0RMY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: New Version 2.12 - experience so far with TS990S

Post by G4POP »

Tom,
The latest version 2.12 of Log4OM uses the latest version of Hamlib which was added in co-operation with Michael Black the main guy now developing that interface. I have not had much joy with Hamlib although some swear by it! as a result I always use Omnirig.

If you download the latest Omnirig rig files from the DXAtlas site I am sure the TS590 is included

They are here http://www.dxatlas.com/OmniRig/Files/RigIni.zip

Unzip the files to your C:\Program files (X86)\Afreet\Omnirig\Rigs folder and then restart your PC

Apart from being very reliable the other attribute of Omnirig is that if you install it to 'Run as an administrator' then multiple programs can connect to it and sync the mode and frequency.

e.g. I have Log4OM, Bandmaster, CWSkimmer, SDR Radio Consul or SDRUno all connected to Omnirig and all providing synchronised CAT control with my radio. (I could add WSJT also if required)

Enjoy the software
73 Terry G4POP
M0RMY
Novice Class

Re: New Version 2.12 - experience so far with TS990S

Post by M0RMY »

Thanks Terry,

My radio is the TS990 which is not on the list, but all seems well with the TS2000 as the radio setting in Omnirig. Excellent service mate.

Cheers 73

Tom