"View, Award Status, Update Process?

General discussions V2
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: "View, Award Status, Update Process?

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi, i’ve verified the issue reported and seems not a software issue.
Log4OM assumes that an award is “verified” when a specific situation is met.
The situation is a specific confirmation type (QSL, LOTW, EQSL, …) OR a “manual” confirmation provided by the award managers that is sent by something else and it’s not related to a “classic” confirmation.

As example an award may receive worked list from activators and granting references after they checked their logs WITHOUT needs to have a confirmation of any type.
This is how the WAC is actually configured in the AWARD MANAGEMENT:
1.png
1.png (24.55 KiB) Viewed 759 times
Actually for WAC a contact is CONFIRMED if it’s confirmed by PAPER QSL and it’s VALIDATED (the reference) if an external source grants the reference (and the update should be made manually if they don’t provide a structured file for automatic process)

As the WAC is an ARRL award I think the award is misconfigured, as it should report LOTW+QSL on both sides

If Claus agrees (our award manager) I’ll update the award configuration. Once done, and forced an award updated on user side, you should run the RESCAN AWARD REFERENCES in Award Status for a recheck. In the meanwhile you can do by yourself in your local instance by disabling the "protected award" flag in the WAC config (Award Management section)

2.png
2.png (18.83 KiB) Viewed 759 times
lele IW3HMH
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH