Importing an access data base from old Turbolog QSOs

General discussions V2
G3MXH
New user

Importing an access data base from old Turbolog QSOs

Post by G3MXH »

I have imported all my old ADIF logs from HRD and N1MM+ without any problems. I have found an old Access database from Turbolog
containing QSOs logged in the 1990s .
Does anyone know of a utility which can convert an Access Database File from Turbolog to an ADIF file compatible with Log4OM .

73,Terry,G3MXH
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Importing an access data base from old Turbolog QSOs

Post by KI5IO »

G3MXH wrote: 18 Aug 2021, 13:23 I have imported all my old ADIF logs from HRD and N1MM+ without any problems. I have found an old Access database from Turbolog
Does anyone know of a utility which can convert an Access Database File from Turbolog to an ADIF file compatible with Log4OM .

73,Terry,G3MXH
Terry,

If you have the Access APP on your computer there are steps you can take to convert/save as a "csv" file that can then be manipulated in Excel or similar and imported as an ADIF.

But, like me, you probably don't have Access on your computer anymore.

Anyway ... here is a link to an online conversion of an Access d/b to a csv file. Read carefully in case there are any charges, but sometimes these sites let some file sizes be changed without any fees.

https://www.rebasedata.com/convert-mde-to-csv-online
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KI5IO wrote: 18 Aug 2021, 13:52
G3MXH wrote: 18 Aug 2021, 13:23 I have imported all my old ADIF logs from HRD and N1MM+ without any problems. I have found an old Access database from Turbolog

73,Terry,G3MXH
Terry,

If you have the Access APP on your computer there are steps you can take to convert/save as a "csv" file that can then be manipulated in Excel or similar and imported as an ADIF.

But, like me, you probably don't have Access on your computer anymore.

Anyway ... here is a link to an online conversion of an Access d/b to a csv file. Read carefully in case there are any charges, but sometimes these sites let some file sizes be changed without any fees.

https://www.rebasedata.com/convert-mde-to-csv-online
Then find an online CSV to ADIF converter
73 Terry G4POP
G3MXH
New user

Post by G3MXH »

Nolan and Terry,
Thanks for the prompt replies . I will investigate the csv approach .
73,Terry,G3MXH