TO6S: No Country or Zones Shown

General discussions V2
NE8P
Novice Class

TO6S: No Country or Zones Shown

Post by NE8P »

When I enter TO6S I don't get any country or zones shown.
Log4OM1.JPG
Log4OM1.JPG (194.29 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
I am configured as follows.
Log4OM2.JPG
Log4OM2.JPG (95.02 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
Log4OM3.JPG
Log4OM3.JPG (78.01 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
Other calls I enter return country and zones correctly. I've verified that TO6S is correctly identified as in FG per the latest CTY file (and has been correctly IDd in CTY file since 29 October.)
Any idea what may be going on?

Thanks,
Mike, NE8P
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: TO6S: No Country or Zones Shown

Post by KI5IO »

MIke,

I put in TO6S and I get Guadeloupe ...

I also use QRZ.com as my main external source and my Information Provider Configuration is noted below.

I change my Info Provider Config from time to time as well.

I also reset my Info Provider Config to match yours and I got the same valid data as noted in the Main UI image below.
Attachments
TO6S.JPG
TO6S.JPG (61.39 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
ki5io_InfoProviderconfig.JPG
ki5io_InfoProviderconfig.JPG (46.36 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
NE8P
Novice Class

Post by NE8P »

Nolan,

Thanks for the information. I also reset my Info Provider Config to match yours, and I still have the same issue. Strange thing is that when I enter other callsigns, it seems to work as it should.
It is pulling some information from somewhere because it has the operator name as QRZ.com has it, and the Info (F2) tab has Guadeloupe address info in it. I'm just not getting country and zone information....

Mike
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Mike,

Not sure now, but just as a double-check ... Make sure the CQ and ITU for your station are set OK at: Settings / Configuration / Station Information

Don't think that is it, but just a sanity check.

Then go to: Settings / Update Resources and click on Clublog, Country File and Non-standard calls ... and let them update.

It will be an effort of clicking on 'one at a time' and let it finish. You will get a notice when the update is done in the banner box just to the left of the Note field on the Main UI. No other rolling eye, etc.. indicating that the update is underway.

All those resources update on a schedule that you can see at: Settings / Program Configuration / Program Schedule

You can adjust those defaults, but I've never seen the need to make any changes ... at least for my operating situation.

Then ... add in a restart of Log4OM V2 and see if there is any positive change for TO6S.

One more question: Is your QRZ.com access a "paid for" access? Without that you won't get some data from QRZ.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Plano, TX
NE8P
Novice Class

Post by NE8P »

Nolan,

I tried all of your suggestions. No luck... I also updated to the latest version. No difference.

I noticed a couple other calls where the country and zone information that is shown is wrong, AH2O (who is actually in NY, not Guam) and DP1POL (which is actually Antarctica, not Germany.)

I set up the Info Provider Config so that all I specify is CTY. I've verified that all calls in question (TO6S, AH2O, DP1POL) have correct country/zone information in the latest AD1C CTY file, yet I get wrong information when I enter the calls in Log4OM.
Info_Config.JPG
Info_Config.JPG (87.8 KiB) Viewed 1528 times
It seems that Log4OM, in my case, is not pulling country/zone information from the CTY file.
I do subscribe to the QRZ.com pay service.

Mike
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Mike,

Lele just released V2.19.0.0 ... download that new release and try the calls again.

I tried each of those you have noted and they provided the proper site data.
Plano, TX
NE8P
Novice Class

Post by NE8P »

Nolan,

I'd already downloaded and installed V2.19.0.0 with the same results here.
Also, I need to correct a statement I made earlier. I am NOT a paid QRZ.com subscriber.
However, I'm trying, and the published priority is, to use the CTY file to pull country and zone info from. I've manually updated the CTY file using Settings -> Update Resources -> Country File, and the results are still the same. It's like the CTY file is not working here.

Thanks
Mike
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Mike,

Not having a "paid" QRZ access confirms the lack of data in this case.

You can create an account at HamQTH (it is free) and use as a source in place of QRZ. Sometimes that access will supplant what you don't get due to lack of "paid" QRZ access.
Plano, TX
NE8P
Novice Class

Post by NE8P »

Nathan,

Setting my Info Provider to HAMQTH does result in correct information for AH2O and DP1POL. Unfortunately, TO6S is not in that database. So it looks the same as before. It's simple enough for me to change the Country to Guadeloupe in this case, and in other cases in the future when such calls as TO are used. I was just trying to find an automatic solution.

I still don't understand why the CTY file is apparently not being used. I've updated it and verified that the country and zone information in the latest AD1C CTY file is correct for TO6S (and for DP1POL and AH2O, as well.)

Thanks much for your help,
Mike
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Mike,

From the "current" User Guide starting on Page 51 thru 53 is a detailed explanation of the Callsign look up processes. That may or may not help out.

HamQTH does not seem to be as quite as 'current' as the data in QRZ from my observation.
Plano, TX