How to clone QSO Grid Layout

General discussions V2
wo9b
Novice Class

How to clone QSO Grid Layout

Post by wo9b »

Perhaps I am missing something, if so please set point me in the right direction.

The table views (QSO Grid, Cluster) can be spawned from numerous buttons or menu items. Each one spawn can have a customized layout. I think that is really cool and potentially useful. However, for me, in the case of the QSO Grid, I've settled on a format that works for me and at least for now would like them to all be the same. Is there a way to save those settings and then quickly apply them to the various spawn sources? It is very laborious going through the field option check boxes.

FWIW, I think the QSO grid can be spawned 4 different ways, so each one defaults to All Field Boxes checked and then listed in alphabetical order on the grid. Even if I were to use all the fields, I surely would not want them in alphabetical order. lol

Thanks.

MJ, WO9B
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: How to clone QSO Grid Layout

Post by G4POP »

No there is no provision for saving and retrieving a layout
73 Terry G4POP
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

MJ,

If I understand you correctly what you are wanting isn't possible. We have talked about it but as far as I know its not being considered and this time.

Each table you are talking about can have the layout configured individually with the information (column) you desire. While its very nice to be able to adjust each one for the data you want to see, its a pain when you have to set each one separately.

Certainly would be nice to save configurations or clone from another. Obviously you don't want the same for everything as cluster and recent QSO's should be tweaked a little different.

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
wo9b
Novice Class

Post by wo9b »

Wow... thank you for the immediate response.

Nice to know that I didn't miss something. Alas, I will go through the process of customizing the various spawn options. No worries. This is a classic example of feature appreciation. Actually, the customization is a very good thing. As my relationship with the software matures, I find my needs change. Being able to understand and use various features is the benefit. Features that I had no use for a couple of years ago have morphed into daily must haves.

It is all good. I continue to rely on and enjoy Log4OM. Thanks for all your effort.

MJ, WO9B