ADIF Export

F6FLU
Old Man

ADIF Export

Post by F6FLU »

Hello
I)
if I run an adif export via the File / Export ADIF menu, Log4OM shows me a window with different choices :
2021-04-21_09h06_48.jpg
2021-04-21_09h06_48.jpg (41.38 KiB) Viewed 3554 times
I can export only standard ADIF fields (Standard ADIF export)
OR
export différent fields that I select (Export selected fields) (and thank you for having sorted the names of these fields in alphabetical order as I had had the opportunity to ask)
OR
if no box is checked, Log4OM exports all the fields used :

in fact Log4OM does not export the Reference 1 or 2 fields nor the Association 1 or 2 fields

1) ==> my first suggestion is therefore to be able to export these fields

II) now I want to export a certain number of QSOs in ADIF, I go through the menu "Utilities / QSO Manager", then I select the QSOs that I want to export in ADIF format by a right click in the window, after having selected my QSOs at export
I select "Export selected to ADIF"

Well in this case I don't have the window of choice as before, Log4OM directly exports all the fields
2021-04-21_09h07_32.jpg
2021-04-21_09h07_32.jpg (96.31 KiB) Viewed 3554 times
2) ==> my second suggestion is that in this case we can also have the choice to export what we want as in case 1, and that would be more consistent, there is no reason that it should be different

Many Thanks
Dan - F6FLU
Log4OM V2.32.1.0 - Windows 11 - i9-11900K - SSD 512Go - 32 Go
FTdx101D - Hexbeam - Wired dipole 40-30M
https://F6FLU.org
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: ADIF Export

Post by G4POP »

in fact Log4OM does not export the Reference 1 or 2 fields nor the Association 1 or 2 fields
Because that information is already included in other program specific fields in the ADIF export, the Associations and References fields that you refer to are internal fields for displaying existing data not prime data fields.
73 Terry G4POP
F6FLU
Old Man

Post by F6FLU »

Hello
in which other field which is exported can I find the contents of the Reference field for example?

anyway this does not prevent offering the possibility of exporting these fields ...
Dan - F6FLU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Exported ADIF fields containing the information that you seek

APP_L4ONG_OSO_AWARD_REFFERENCES
APP_L4ONG_ASSOCIATIONS
SOTA_REF
IOTA
FISTS
TEN_TEN
SIG
SIG_INFO
73 Terry G4POP
F6FLU
Old Man

Post by F6FLU »

Hello Terry

yes you are basically right, but admit that this is not at all ergonic, it would still be much better if we had a dedicated field :-)
But hey if you think it's enough like that, I'll do with ...

and to have this field we have to export all the fields of Log4OM, whereas if normally we need a certain number of fields that we select, in this case we must export everything and then sort it, really not practical

Example :

<APP_L4ONG_QSO_AWARD_REFERENCES:276>[{"AC":"IOTA","R":"EU-066","G":"EU-066","SUB":[],"GRA":[]},{"AC":"DXCC","R":"54","G":"EU","SUB":[],"GRA":[]},{"AC":"WAC","R":"EU","SUB":[],"GRA":[]},{"AC":"WAZ","R":"16","S":"VALIDATED","SUB":[],"GRA":[]},{"AC":"RDA","R":"AR-21","G":"ARKHANGELSKAYA OBLAST","SUB":[],"GRA":[]}] <EOR>
Dan - F6FLU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Well it would help a lot if you tell me exactly what you are trying to achieve and why you have the need to export a specific reference field, then just possibly I might be able to offer you some helpfull advice.

You could of course export from the awards statistics if you just want a list of specific award results?

Example of an Excel export of Certificato del Mediterraneo award results from our Award statistics

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (164.77 KiB) Viewed 3481 times

Within Log4OM we filter those references as we need to apply them, we only export them to adif as a support for Log4OM users that might have to do a backup and want to re-establish those references during a restore.

We are forced to do it this way due to the inadequacies of the ADIF specification because it does not properly support award references apart from DXCC, IOTA, SOTA etc.

To export fields for each award reference would require hundreds of extra fields in the adif export!
73 Terry G4POP
F6FLU
Old Man

Post by F6FLU »

Hello Thierry If you look at my site

http://f6flu.org/recherche

I display my traffic in real time via the web function from log4om
and / or I export from LOG4OM in ADIF just the official fields according to the ADIF standard

Then I create an SQL database with the different fields that I select from the Export ADIF file for all that I developed in .php

I would like more, display the RDA if it exists ... and so I would like to have a simple field containing the value of the RDA if it exists to process it from my .php files (as for Call or Mode by example...)

That's hoping that this is clear enough ...

Thanks

Dan - F6FLU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Then you must parse the app specific reference field that was discussed earlier to extract the relevant award reference.
73 Terry G4POP
F6FLU
Old Man

Post by F6FLU »

Hello Terry
G4POP wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 16:26 To export fields for each award reference would require hundreds of extra fields in the adif export!
if i may, i totally disagree with you ...
I absolutely do not want to export every "award reference" !!!

I just want to be able to use the visible fields in the software which seems quite normal and logical.

Either Log4OM uses specific fields for its and in this case these fields must be "invisible" for the user.

Either Log4OM uses fields visible to the user and in this case these fields must be able to be used precisely by the user.
This is indeed the case for Reference 1 ; Refrence 2; Assiocation 1; Association 2 fields

since you can put whatever you want via "Settings / User Configuration / User preferences
2021-04-29_10h42_30.jpg
2021-04-29_10h42_30.jpg (160.65 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
and in this case I must be able to do research on these fields, modify these fields, export these fields etc ...

If you do not want us to be able to modify the content of these fields, why not, but that does not prevent you from having the possibility of using them for example in searches and in Export

I must be able to search all the QSOs whose "reference 1" field is empty for example

And I have to be able to export if I want these different fields

Even if I cannot modify these fields I must be able to use them ...

here is my opinion and sorry for not agreeing with you Terry, I hope you are not angry ...

I am also Beta-tester on other software and I think I have "a little" experience on ergonomics and the external vision that a user can have ...

I just hope you will take a good look and try to improve this point
Best regards
Dan - F6FLU
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi,
about ADIF export we export fields that are compliant with ADIF standards.
Producing a "reference1" and "reference2" is not ADIF standard and have no sense also as a custom field, as nobody can identify what those references are.
ADIF is an exchange format. Data are in the database.

About the other fields (like references, specific associations and similar, user selectable), those are dynamically extracted from the list of QSO references stored in JSON format, and dynamically shown on grids by the code behind. Also some fields that have an ADIF field identified may be saved into internal json fields, but they're extracted and placed in the correct ADIF field on export. But that happens only on ADIF fields supported.

There are no specific columns for those fields in the database, as the selected award references are extracted at runtime from the JSON during the data load process. They live only the grids, and we can only export ADIF that respond to ADIF format or to our backup needs in form of "user defined fields".

I'll check if i can put the same ADIF selection fields in the QSO export phase

Daniele IW3HMH
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH