Improvement suggestions

NS8K
Advanced Class

Improvement suggestions

Post by NS8K »

Great job on the release of V2. It has been fun learning this new software and transitioning from V1 although admittedly, I'm using a small percentage of the program's capability.

Here are a few suggestions for consideration.

1. In the QSL manager it would be nice to have the confirmation default to whichever "service" was last used instead of QSL. That would be a nice touch.

2. In Program Configuration it would be nice if the selected item in the left column would stay hi-lighted even after you make a selection in the right side of this window. In my system it does a very faint hi-lighting but it is almost not visible. The initial BOLD blue would be much better. When entering configuration data it is easy to get "lost".

3. When someone has run out of things to do, in Configuration the Cluster panel has no title and the CAT interface panel has the title CAT Management. There are also inconsistencies with Upper and Lower Case. Example - External Services has a panel title of External services while Info Providers has a title of Info Providers. In the left column sometimes each word is capitalized like Map Settings and sometimes not like User preferences. There are many other places where there are similar inconsistencies. Very picky but this just SHOUTS to my little OCD pea brain. Sorry!

Thanks for reading and thank you for V1 and a nicely improved V2.
73 - Tom NS8K
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Improvement suggestions

Post by KD0ZV »

NS8K wrote: 31 Jan 2020, 07:05 1. In the QSL manager it would be nice to have the confirmation default to whichever "service" was last used instead of QSL. That would be a nice touch.
I would agree with this one. In my case the only thing I need to upload manually is LOTW.

So when I open QSL manager it defaults to QSL and it starts loading the database for that and has a brief hang. Then change to LOTW and has to load database again and then upload.
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team