Move Spot button close to comment field

KD0SGX
Advanced Class

Move Spot button close to comment field

Post by KD0SGX »

I know you can hit alt-s but it makes sense to write a comment then hit the "spot" icon not all the way across the app. I love your program just keep things together that make sense.
spot.JPG
spot.JPG (153.7 KiB) Viewed 5398 times
KD0SGX Minnesota, USA-MIKE
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Move Spot button close to comment field

Post by G4POP »

Use keyboard shortcut Alt+S
73 Terry G4POP
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

This is the second person that has posted this and personally agree.

As a matter of fact for me the right "tool bar" is a waste of space and would allow the other pages to be that much wider.

I don't know what the design criteria is for this app as far as pixels in width. But most people are running well beyond 1280.

I would prefer the log icons to be over on the left as well and the spot and web lookup be on the top. And if possible make the toolbar icons selectable like Microsoft Office apps.

Not complaining as I am loving version 2.

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
KD0SGX
Advanced Class

Post by KD0SGX »

Yeah I'm not sure if they really want future suggestions or not based on the feedback I'm getting. Like I said in my original post I know you can hit alt+s, it just makes no logical sense to have items separated. Your team designs the program the way it wants we get that, we're just trying to make it better because we care too.

Hitting a key combination is not a Good explanation why buttons are separated from fields across the whole entire app.

I totally get it if you don't want to be bothered by this type of thing and we all in the community love this app we just think we can help make it better.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

KD0SGX wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 19:47 Yeah I'm not sure if they really want future suggestions or not based on the feedback I'm getting. Like I said in my original post I know you can hit alt+s, it just makes no logical sense to have items separated. Your team designs the program the way it wants we get that, we're just trying to make it better because we care too.

Hitting a key combination is not a Good explanation why buttons are separated from fields across the whole entire app.

I totally get it if you don't want to be bothered by this type of thing and we all in the community love this app we just think we can help make it better.
Mike,

Not sure where you are getting such feedback about Feature Suggestions. And, I can assure you it is absolutely WRONG!! I would very quickly label that as: FAKE NEWS!!!!

We specifically put the Feature Suggestions on the Forum to help keep them collected as they were popping up all over the place and that made it difficult to at least help corral them for us to have.

We go over each/every one and have them on our review/to-do list. We spend hours hashing over suggestions and non-working elements and mostly (right at the present time) we're focusing on bugs or issues that y'all find and share with us. Those take priority in our efforts.

We don't have absolutely all the rigs and s/w combinations that OMs are using all over the globe. Your station may work perfectly fine with a specific setup and that same setup may not work at all say in Norway. I mention that in particular as we had problems with some OMs stations up there that turned out to be the Microsoft O/S working in the local language and not recognizing some codes. Had to redo some items with the OMs O/S in the UK English and then port to Norwegian to get to operate smoothly.

So ... please keep in mind that we're touching elements all over the globe and are not forgetting nor dismissing y'all's Feature Suggestions. We take them all seriously.

Most of all ... thanks to each/every one of y'all using Log4OM V2.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi guys
We're reading everything. We read all suggestions and we discuss about them daily.

Placing the spot button on three right area was a specific choice. Here you can find add and cancel button. Probably nobody uses them, but they are here.
And if we ask, 99% of users will say we can remove them and 1% will provide us at least 5 better places.
Comment field is an ADIF exported field and it's not the place whee you theoretically should write "tnx fer qso best 73" even if you can.

Actual user interface is based on our experience and usage. It's not perfect but we read and discuss all suggestions. Not everything can be implemented, I think you can understand why.
Anyway I don't like using mouse while on radio so I'm using shortcuts...

We discuss about every proposal and we save them. Sometime we should deal with space on user interface. Yes, I've 3 full hd monitors but not everyone has them or can afford the price of a bigger monitor.
Log4OM has users in 91 different countries in all continents. We should listen also needs of who can't have a our resources. About office options it's ask interesting thing, I'll think about.
Now I'm more concentrated on some residual issues and small new features.

Best 73
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
KD0SGX
Advanced Class

Post by KD0SGX »

I understand you may be reading them and I get it you guys are working hard on this.(Which we all really do appreciate) I take the time to try to help and explain that having keys and their corresponding buttons on the other side of an app does not really make sense. It's not the fact that I think you need or should change it, it's about the quick answer hit alt+s which I noted in my original post that I was aware of. I mean I hope you can understand that I was only trying to make it better for all and just seemed like the short answer was just hit alt+s..
Keep up the great work!! I also know it can become frustrating sometimes with the onslaught of questions.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I understand. I'm actually considering sending a spot a "secondary" activity respect the normal flow. I'm actually spotting only calls that needs attention or are making cq so on my mental path I'm in a "listening mode" or I just have just completed my qso.
This is why I moved that on the left, and also to avoid accidental press of the spot button on a crowded area.
Anyway the option to move it it's valid. Only needs to find the right place.
I've some ideas about spot as I'm usually spotting after and not before closing the qso... We're working on
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
W2MJP
Old Man

Post by W2MJP »

KD0SGX wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 01:58 I know you can hit alt-s but it makes sense to write a comment then hit the "spot" icon not all the way across the app. I love your program just keep things together that make sense.
spot.JPG
I agree I like the idea of moving the spot tab/icon closer to the left were previously stated.
Mike-W2MJP