Two ideas to speed up V2

WA2SQQ
Old Man

Two ideas to speed up V2

Post by WA2SQQ »

I’ve been following some of the discussions in the JTALERT support group regarding the overall speed comparison in V1 vs V2. V2 seems much slower on the initial boot up. It appears to hang while propagation data loads. Logging the QSO is said to be taking extra time parsing the award data.

Looking forward, has it been considered to add a feature to selectively turn off features a user may not use? For awards, how about a manual “award update” feature instead of doing it for every QSO?
g4gou
Novice Class

Re: Two ideas to speed up V2

Post by g4gou »

WA2SQQ wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 00:26 Looking forward, has it been considered to add a feature to selectively turn off features a user may not use? For awards, how about a manual “award update” feature instead of doing it for every QSO?
I second that!

I don't need most of the awards and it takes over 30 seconds to retrieve the award list on my system, so an option to update awards manually and delete the ones not needed would be a great improvement.

73 Mike
G4GOU/EA7KIP
73 de Mike G4GOU/EA7KIP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: Two ideas to speed up V2

Post by IW3HMH »

I'm working on optimizations on that side.
Statistics are indipendent from awards, but DXCC award require the reference is found in the awards.
Anyway yes, it's a possible solution on some systems
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH