Alerts - signal CAT & give more info

KA4CDN
Old Man

Alerts - signal CAT & give more info

Post by KA4CDN »

I've got Alerts configured to let me know when certain stations are spoted or when a DXCC entity for which I need confirmation is spotted. This is a nice feature and works great at letting me know the station is out there but not EXACTLY where.

For example I get a line that says something like:

[18:56:11] FJ/DK6AS (SAINT BARTHEMLEMY) 12M CW [NOT CONFIRMED]]

So I know he's on 12M but where?

Clicking on the Alert line places the call into the Main entry area and does the lookup but I don't get a CAT command sent to the rig to go to the spot.

I would like both the addition info (even if it required a left click or something) and that a normal click or double click trigger CAT commands to change frequency and then mode.
CT1BXX
Old Man

Re: Alerts - signal CAT & give more info

Post by CT1BXX »

Hello Mike,

I do agree with you, we really need it, it is very useful. :D

Perhaps configuring the right mouse click to command radio and also turn the antenna.
Let´s see other comments and let´s wait.
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Alerts - signal CAT & give more info

Post by DF5WW »

Hmm ... any alarm can tell you only the message that a wanted station is at 12m. Log4OM don´t
have an own CAT control so you must have the cluster enabled that it shows also the spots for the
band you like to work him. V2 can send to Omnirig if you doubleclick a cluster spot but not from
an alarm which not transferrig the exact frequency .... By the way, think it´s impossible like to
transferring spit options for VFO B and setting up Split automatically ...

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.