Rig Selection Box

N4RF
Advanced Class

Rig Selection Box

Post by N4RF »

Regarding the small rig selection box at the top center of the main Log4OM V2 screen (just left of the gear symbol), is very hard to see. It selects rig 1 or 2, but the number is black and the background is dark grey. More contrast between the number and the background color would be helpful.

I suggest making the background color white or light grey.

Bob N4RF
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Rig Selection Box

Post by KI5IO »

N4RF wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 15:18 Regarding the small rig selection box at the top center of the main Log4OM V2 screen (just left of the gear symbol), is very hard to see. It selects rig 1 or 2, but the number is black and the background is dark grey. More contrast between the number and the background color would be helpful.

I suggest making the background color white or light grey.

Bob N4RF
Bob,

Good input, but might also be related to one's monitor and associated video drivers. I'm just mentioning that as a possibility.

I've attached a screen clip of my Rig Selection box and (at least for me) it is quite viewable.

Take a look at the Elevation selection box which could approximate what you are suggesting. One of the differences in the Rig Selection box (for now) is that the character font is 'bolded' so it tends to stand out a bit more now.

Will certainly put on our consideration list for cosmetic tweaks.
Attachments
V2-Select-Rig-Image.JPG
V2-Select-Rig-Image.JPG (54.42 KiB) Viewed 5215 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
N4RF
Advanced Class

Post by N4RF »

I believe you are correct. I am having CAT problems with my 7610. Rig 2 is a 7300 and works great. When I click Connect - CAT - Show Cat Interface OK, It changes the rig from 1 to 2. I will bet it is my problem...THANKS!

Bob N4RF
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

KI5IO wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 16:11
I've attached a screen clip of my Rig Selection box and (at least for me) it is quite viewable.
Nolan,

When I saw your screenshot I thought yours was much more visible than mine. I would not think monitor would come into play as its a screen shot but certainly would not rule out video drivers.

Below is a screenshot of my Log4OM over the top of your screenshot. Oddly all our colors seem to be very similar but the rig selection box certainly is different. I don't use it as I have switched to HamLib to get some benefits that OmniRig wont provide but I can see where it would be harder to read for some that others.

Darn computers !

Rich
2020-03-02_15-44-35.jpg
2020-03-02_15-44-35.jpg (197.38 KiB) Viewed 5179 times
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Rich,

FWIW ... I've not made any color adjustment selections with my monitor ... running as whatever the default is at 100% display.

I used to run at 125%, but too many display differences from many different APPs so gave up on that and moved the monitors closer to my eyes and the next time I get some new 'readers' I'll bump up the power a tad.

I've also not made any changes to the color displays inside V2 to impact anything there ... save for some tests I've done during development and/or aiding in trouble-shooting.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
N4RF
Advanced Class

Post by N4RF »

I am continuing to have issues with rig1/rig2, OmniRig or whatever.

I have a 7610 Rig1 and 7300 back up Rig2. One or the other will not have a frequency display on the home page and will not have CAT control. When I am having problems, if I re-initiate OmniRig, often the rig selection box will change to the unselected transceiver.

Something is unstable. If I don't change rig selection, all is well. But when I do change from one transceiver to the other, either CAT will no longer work, the frequency display will show offline and/or the transceiver will not key my SPE 1/5K-FA amplifier.

I have ferrite chokes everywhere possible and no other signs of RFI.

Any thoughts. I never had this issue with V1.

Bob N4RF
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Which version of Omnirig you are using ? Latest original is 1.19. There is a "V2" somewhere in
the www that provides 4 rigs but this is not working correctly with Log4OM V2. Also please
set Omnirig and Log4OM V2 to "Run as Administrator". That´s needed to use multithreading
functionality of Omnirig.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

N4RF wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 22:51 I am continuing to have issues with rig1/rig2, OmniRig or whatever.

I have a 7610 Rig1 and 7300 back up Rig2. One or the other will not have a frequency display on the home page and will not have CAT control. When I am having problems, if I re-initiate OmniRig, often the rig selection box will change to the unselected transceiver.

Something is unstable. If I don't change rig selection, all is well. But when I do change from one transceiver to the other, either CAT will no longer work, the frequency display will show offline and/or the transceiver will not key my SPE 1/5K-FA amplifier.

I have ferrite chokes everywhere possible and no other signs of RFI.

Any thoughts. I never had this issue with V1.

Bob N4RF
Screen shots of the Omnirig window for both Rig 1 and Rig 2 displays would help

What connection to the radios/computer are your using to key the SPE amplifier
73 Terry G4POP