"NOW" button next to time fields

K2GAV
Advanced Class

"NOW" button next to time fields

Post by K2GAV »

I'd like it if there were a NOW button next to time fields so with one click you could enter the current date and time into that field. Most handy for me on the window for editing a past log entry.
Best wishes,
Ted Szypulski
K2GAV
Kenwood TS-990, Elecraft KPA-1500
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: "NOW" button next to time fields

Post by G4POP »

Why do you want to change the recorded time of a historic QSO to the current time/Date, seems to me that destroys the value of the old QSO record?
73 Terry G4POP
K2GAV
Advanced Class

Post by K2GAV »

I accidentally or otherwise close a contact while still in the QSO. When actually finished I'd like to quickly reopen the contact and stamp it with the correct end time.
Best wishes,
Ted Szypulski
K2GAV
K2GAV
Advanced Class

Post by K2GAV »

Two more examples where a NOW button next to time fields would be useful...

1. I'm in a QSO and haven't yet ended it. Another station wants to join the QSO. I have to close the first one to start another new entry. After I'm done with the three way QSO, I'd like to quickly update the end time of the first station I talked to.

2. I'm calling a station that has a pileup of callers. For whatever reason I've left the Call Sign field (I wanted to preset his report, or I thought he called me but didn't), so the start time was grabbed and is now frozen. Rather than unlock it and reset it, I'd like to quickly update the start time once I actually make contact.

I can come up with additional examples of when I'd like to quickly update a start or end time and a NOW button would be helpful.
Best wishes,
Ted Szypulski
K2GAV