Log4OM in others languages??

EA7KJE
Advanced Class

Log4OM in others languages??

Post by EA7KJE »

Hi all,

Would it be possible to translate Log4OM into other languages?

I have no problems with English, but here in Spain I have many friends who have no idea about other languages, so this could be very interesting for them.

In any case, I also offer to collaborate and help if necessary in the translation. This would save me from wasting a lot of time and having to connect via TeamViewer to many of these friends to explain and configure their Log4OM.

Thank you all for this best ham radio logging software!!

Fernando - EA7KJE
Spain
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM in others languages??

Post by G4POP »

Fernando,
Your offer to translate the user guide is very welcome, email me at g4pop (at) arrl.net and I will provide the Word Doc for you to work from
73 Terry G4POP
DL2RPN
Novice Class

Post by DL2RPN »

Hello to all,

I would it also appreciate to translate the GUI of Log4OM, not only the help file. I know, it's a hard job to make a program
like Log4OM multilingual. I'm programming by myself (it's my job) and I have also written for me a little external tool for Log4OM. 10% are
program logics and 90% are program cosmetics...
Log4OM is an outstanding program and to share this hard work for free is really HAM-Spirit!

But, I think that a lot of older YL's, OM's have problems with English. Yes, a radio amateur should be able to talk english but sometimes you
need a little bit more than 'five nine' and 'seventy three'...
A GUI in your native language gives you an other feeling.

Summarized: I'm available for the translation into German.
73 de Chris, DL2RPN
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Chris,

don´t think that a UI in german language is so much neede but a translation of the actual manual
would be fine. That means the index should be referring to the same side numbers, the pictures
should be the same and menu items in english like "File", "Setup", "Help" and all the others can be
in english. If you have a german manual no problem with this small words in english.

Some ago i have translated the V1 manual but not longer time to do the same for V2. I´ve a fulltime
Job and no Homeoffice in this times that gives me a bit more of times to do this. But if you like to
translate the english manual to the german language ask G4POP for a .doc. Think he will send it
to you to do so.

What´s up Doc ? ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
DL2RPN
Novice Class

Post by DL2RPN »

Hi Jürgen,

thanks for your hint and informations.
I'll write Terry a PM and we'll see what happens. A german manual is better than nothing and, btw, that alone is a lot of work... :D
73 de Chris, DL2RPN
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Absolutely Chris ... and by the way, a german UI makes no sense as long as there isn´t a manual in german language.
Better to have a german manual which describes the english menu item as to have only english/english ....

The problem would be to hold the graphics, the index and the side numbers. That was my problem when i translated
the V1 manual and that´s the only reason that my german in that have sometimes a very special grammatical style, HI.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

A translation into different language will be considered (considered means i'll evaluate :) ) once Log4OM is stable and reached a good maturity status..
Not before, as it's a very time consuming activity and i don't have enough time resources now
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
DL2RPN
Novice Class

Post by DL2RPN »

Thanks for your statement Daniele. I understand, a translation of the whole program is a hard job, but that gives us hope.
In the meantime I would translate the manual into german if the team agree. Where can I get the english source file? I've written a PM
to the whole Alphateam because a PM only to G4POP was not allowed.
Thanks.
73 de Chris, DL2RPN
LU1DA
Novice Class

Post by LU1DA »

G4POP wrote: 24 Oct 2020, 10:10 Fernando,
Your offer to translate the user guide is very welcome, email me at g4pop (at) arrl.net and I will provide the Word Doc for you to work from
Hi Terry, I sent you the user manual translated into Spanish a few weeks ago. Also to Aldo (VA3AG), but I had no confirmation that they received it.
73 and HNY from Argentina

Jorge
LU1DA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

LU1DA wrote: 30 Dec 2020, 23:43
G4POP wrote: 24 Oct 2020, 10:10 Fernando,
Hi Terry, I sent you the user manual translated into Spanish a few weeks ago. Also to Aldo (VA3AG), but I had no confirmation that they received it.
73 and HNY from Argentina

Jorge
LU1DA
Jorge,
I have checked my email and have not received anything from you and nothing from Aldo since 21 April 2020
73 Terry G4POP