Method to open additional QSOs during a current QSO

K2GAV
Advanced Class

Method to open additional QSOs during a current QSO

Post by K2GAV »

I like to have accurate end times in my logbook for my QSOs.

I'd like to find a way to be in a QSO with the current contact not yet entered in the logbook, then when someone else joins the conversation, being able to open another open QSO entry. This happens to me all the time. Often one or two others are interested in joining my conversations.

Failing a means of having multiple new log entries open at the same time, and having to close the first entry to open a second, it would be nice if there were a quick way to stamp the first, closed QSO, with the current date and time. Opening it and manually looking at the clock and then typing in the actual end time is tediously slow and clunky. But, it's what I do now.
Best wishes,
Ted Szypulski
K2GAV
Kenwood TS-990, Elecraft KPA-1500
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Method to open additional QSOs during a current QSO

Post by G4POP »

You should use the Net Control if you wish to do that
73 Terry G4POP
K2GAV
Advanced Class

Post by K2GAV »

I knew you'd say that!

Net Control is not at all useful for occasional QSOs with multiple overlapping contacts. How would I know to open Net Control when I'm just calling CQ and then later someone else wants to join the conversation.

I use Net Control for Nets. It's pretty useful, but needs some feature improvements. See separate posts here on that.
Best wishes,
Ted Szypulski
K2GAV
Kenwood TS-990, Elecraft KPA-1500
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Then all you can do is save each QSO and then when the guy leaves the net open the edit window for that QSO and update the end time.

I recall that Simon and I added an END NOW button when we were developing HRD so that you highlight the QSO and then click the button to set the end time for that QSO, if we receive enough requests perhaps we will consider doing that in Log4om

However the number of users that find it important to save an end time is not likely to be many.
73 Terry G4POP