Support of XML log entries as UDP inbound service

DG6UAX
Novice Class

Support of XML log entries as UDP inbound service

Post by DG6UAX »

I have changed from HRD to LOG4OM and everything works fine for FT8 and normal modes - I still like DM780 for "old" digi modes.

DM780 can log into HRD logbook and HRD logbook is able to forward a log via UDP, but in XML format. CAT ist syncing via port emulation and Omnirig.

So my wish would be to have a UDP inbound service for XML log entries.

I read some articles that DM780 was supported in V1?

vy 73

Thomas DG6UAX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Support of XML log entries as UDP inbound service

Post by G4POP »

DG6UAX wrote: 20 Dec 2020, 11:14 I have changed from HRD to LOG4OM and everything works fine for FT8 and normal modes - I still like DM780 for "old" digi modes.

DM780 can log into HRD logbook and HRD logbook is able to forward a log via UDP, but in XML format. CAT ist syncing via port emulation and Omnirig.

So my wish would be to have a UDP inbound service for XML log entries.

I read some articles that DM780 was supported in V1?

vy 73

Thomas DG6UAX
Rick Ruhl of HRD blocked this some years ago so it can no longer be used by Log4OM so you will need to export an ADIF from HRD and import into Log4OM or change decoding software.
73 Terry G4POP
DG6UAX
Novice Class

Post by DG6UAX »

Ok, so I change to Fldigi, have it working with logging to Log4OM- only missing link is, that Callsign is not propagated to Log4OM for Lookup - will evaluate further.

Thomas
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Thomas,

Fldigi and DM780 don´t have had a callsign forwarding via UDP like WSJT-X has. So nearly
impossible or we have still to wait for a new digital mode software which can handle this.
Don´t know the Fldigi programmer like to update his software but i don´t think so. If he
won´t do this also an implementation of Omnirig in Fldigi was very helpful but no changes
over the last years.

:!:
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
DG6UAX
Novice Class

Post by DG6UAX »

Tnx for the info- just wondering about manual Page 203

The above actions connect Log4OM to FLDigi to enable Log4OM to send the frequency and mode to FLDigi and the
entered call sign in FLDigi to be displayed and looked up in Log4OM

Thomas
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Looks that i have to play again a bit with the FlDigi integration, HI. Longer time ago that i work with it.
Have a bit time now and will try it. My first working day is January 4th, 2021 so i will check this out
next few days.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.