eQSL viewer

CT1BXX
Old Man

eQSL viewer

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi,

Thanks for new 2.12 version.

It would be very interesting to have a QSL viewer, like a kind of photo album, with all the eQSL we have downloaded.
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
VK2MET
Advanced Class

Re: eQSL viewer

Post by VK2MET »

+1 for that. Log4OM has already made the eQSL cards very accessible. I now take pleasure in downloading them and collecting them. I even store them in a Dropbox cloud folder so I can see them from my laptop while mobile.
To make them even more easily viewable would be a real treat.
Alan
F5RUE
Novice Class

Post by F5RUE »

VK2MET wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 10:58 .../... Log4OM has already made the eQSL cards very accessible. .../...
Alan
Accessible ? Which way ?
Log4OM collect then forget. eQSL are stored in a maze (Tree of folders....) and we never see them even we contact station for 2nd time or more.
QSL are supposed to be viewed in right part of stats.
Next, we find eqsl in attachments but we can't enlarge so reading data is painfull.

Maybe I did something wrong

Using v 2.16.0.0 + JTDX or WSJT-x + GridTracker

Thanks in advance
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

F5RUE wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 14:47
VK2MET wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 10:58 .../... Log4OM has already made the eQSL cards very accessible. .../...
Alan
Accessible ? Which way ?
Log4OM collect then forget. eQSL are stored in a maze (Tree of folders....) and we never see them even we contact station for 2nd time or more.
QSL are supposed to be viewed in right part of stats.
Next, we find eqsl in attachments but we can't enlarge so reading data is painfull.

Maybe I did something wrong

Using v 2.16.0.0 + JTDX or WSJT-x + GridTracker

Thanks in advance
Richard,

I might suggest that you take the time to read and/or even search the "current" User Guide. On Page 100 of that guide is a very succinct instruction on how to view the downloaded eQSL cards. I've put an image of that page in this post for your convenience.

As for what is viewed in the Main UI Stats (F1) that is part of data collected from either QRZ.com or HamQTH during the callsign lookup. Assuming an OM has put an image in at QRZ or HamQTH that is what is displayed.

That section was NOT designed for a QSL card image. I certainly don't know where you came up with that idea??

And if you follow what we have outlined in the User Guide I don't think you will find it painful at all to view the eQSL cards ... assuming that you take the effort to download them to begin with. That is up to each OM.
Attachments
ViewingeQSLCards.JPG
ViewingeQSLCards.JPG (42.06 KiB) Viewed 4681 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
F5RUE
Novice Class

Post by F5RUE »

Thks for answer
My post was probably not precise enough.

I did ask how to enlarge this attachment, currently unreadable (too small size)
We can't neither print it.
Would be great opening (with single clic) this attachment into some JPG reader.

That is my concern.
L4OM is definitely a good and usefull product

Richard
HZ1ES
New user

Post by HZ1ES »

Hello everybody!
Yes, I would like to have a feature to see all QSL cards together on a screen as if you are viewing picture thumbnails in a folder on PC/MAC or a photo album on a tablet. To see the EQSL card of each QSO one by one is something else and not to be confused with this feature request. I am not a developer, but solution might be to store all EQSLs in a folder which can be opened directly in the file browser.
73's
Emre
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

HZ1ES wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 07:02 I am not a developer, but solution might be to store all EQSLs in a folder which can be opened directly in the file browser.
They are stored in a folder that YOU specify in the Log4om program config

Windows can display the images in the folder or as previews the same as Apple do
73 Terry G4POP
DF2MC
Advanced Class

Post by DF2MC »

Viewing EQSL cards all at ones and or print out

It is nice and easy to view all the EQSLs in the folder years, or subfolder DXCCs, in a easy and pleasant size.

Perhaps this procedure was already described once in the forum

I use the freeware Irfanview (internet download) with Thumbnails option to view all eqsls from a folder, you can also print them out in Irfanview.

- after installing Irvanview, you will see 2 icons on desktop, a red irvanview icon and a white panda bear icon.

1. Creat a desktop link to the folder with the eqsls. see picture link-desktop
- go to user> xxxx> appdata> roaming> Log4OM2> open user attachment and create a desktop link with a right click on the folder
in my case my callsign.
(if you have defined a different folder in Lo4OM settings containing the EQSLs, link this folder)

Link.jpg
Link.jpg (73.83 KiB) Viewed 4621 times

2. double-click on the previously created desktop link containig the EQSLs, see picture
choose a folder e.g. 2021 or a subfolder of e.g. 2021 containing DXCC numbers, click and hold the mouse button down
and drag a folder onto the panda bear icon, the empty thumbnail window opens.

Option.jpg
Option.jpg (43.67 KiB) Viewed 4621 times

3. In this empty window go to Option at the menue bar and and choose > Load all Thumbnails from subfolders > and all the eqsls will be displayed
QSL-View.jpg
QSL-View.jpg (58.21 KiB) Viewed 4539 times
In the Thumbnail-Option menue you can choose for e.g. picture size, sort by date ....

4. choosing a EQSL at the display by double click, Irfanview will opens this EQSL, you can click through eqsls one after the other,
several option in Irfanview can change the display size, color,contrast, brightness or even print the EQSL out.

I hope the picture can help to setup the apps.

Vy 73 de Johann DF2MC
Last edited by DF2MC on 07 Sep 2021, 03:49, edited 3 times in total.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Johann,

Nicely done and thanks for sharing.

Irfanview is a very nice APP.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX