Main UI in fullHD monitor

OH3FVP
Novice Class

Main UI in fullHD monitor

Post by OH3FVP »

I'm currently using Log4OM v2 together with JTDX and GridTracker. These 3 SW together make a terrific combo for avid FT8/FT4 operator like myself.

I understand the Log4OM layout has been designed for laptop screens with lower resolution. I'm sure it works perfectly in that kind of environment, but when I'm using it in fullHD monitor, I see a lot of unused screen area, which could be used to show more information without the need to click and open a new page in the main page. For instance the statistic table in the "Statistics (F1)" page could stay visible all the time although different pages a selected. The picture from "Statistics (F1)" page could be moved into the "Info (F2)" beside the address information. The "Worked before (F10)" page could be moved to upper part of the UI, so that it could remain visible all the time. Also in the lower part of the UI the "Recent QSO's (F7)" and "Cluster (F8)" could be moved to be part of the section, where the world map is located. I have attached a picture, where I have tried to visualize all the above.

Thanks for the great software and keep up the good work.

OH3FVP Teemu
Attachments
Log4OM in fullHD monitor.jpg
Log4OM in fullHD monitor.jpg (80.58 KiB) Viewed 1757 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Main UI in fullHD monitor

Post by G4POP »

All of those windows are purposely made detachable and floating so that the user can possition them strategically on their monitor (s) Including them in the tabbed area will cause you having to keep changing tabs.

I use two 27 inch full HD monitors so that I can see everything easily
73 Terry G4POP