Cluster Control for spotter origin

G6VMR
Old Man

Cluster Control for spotter origin

Post by G6VMR »

Hi

Is it possible to be able to select multiple spotted source destinations.

Currently you get once choice. All or the selected choice.

I thing there also needs to be an option for not known as there are many of these is they had an option in the selection and with the addition of multiple selections it would be a good improvement.

Martin - G6VMR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cluster Control for spotter origin

Post by G4POP »

Probably had my thick pills today but I don't understand your request could you provide a better explanation perhaps with some graphics?
73 Terry G4POP
G6VMR
Old Man

Post by G6VMR »

Spot Origon 1.JPG
Spot Origon 1.JPG (125.51 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
Hi

Hopefully this shows better. I can filter a spot to show only those from EU. They also show those with no location or origin.

I suggest a change to allow a user to select EU and NA or however many spot origins they like. (Only one selection is currently allowed)(As you can see I have selected EU)

An addition is also required to deal with the error where there is no Origin as Per Spanish call in picture. These could all be grouped together as "unknown" and then dealt with accordingly by a selection of the operators choice.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

The spots without a reporter continent are usually originated from the Supercluster which is why there is no notation, however they are still spots originated in the EU.

Its a bit unusual to want to watch spots perhaps originated in the EU and also for example from AS or NA, it negates the point of limiting the area of origination?

It could be done just as we do with bands but lets see if there are any more requests for this before we start a re-code of the cluster module.
73 Terry G4POP
G6VMR
Old Man

Post by G6VMR »

Thanks Terry

The was I see it is. Some people may have better antenna or quieter location so may be looking for AS and OC stations as an example so want to see if they are spotted by AS or OC locals. This allows a dx station to work them as they are not spotted locally and listening to see if they are heard. By the time it is spotted in EU there are 1000's calling.

Just looking for the flexibility to choose how I with to have information returned to me for how I operate. I though a multiple selection rather than a single pick dropdown would give a user choice.

Martin - G6VMR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Meanwhile you could use the normal dx cluster filters by sending a command to your cluster source from our telnet window.

You can even save different command filters to the default list

See http://wiki.dxcluster.org/index.php/DXS ... ing_Manual about how to use filters with your cluster server.

Another alternative is to use the VE7CC program CCUser which is an easier UI for selecting what spots are accepted/rejected
73 Terry G4POP
k2jf
Novice Class

Post by k2jf »

Terry
I found this old post by you and I wonder if you could help. All I want to do is see spots from dx entities but that are spotted from NA only. in the Log4om filtering I have cw and 20 m only checked and then 'spot origin' EU. Well that just gives me the spots that are posted by EU stations. If I click on spot origin NA then I see all the spots are from NA stations but no dx is spotted. A little confusing. I guess I should keep it set to 'spot origin' EU and then click on those spots to take me to that station.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Phil,

What cluster are you using? If it is (for example: ve7cc) you can control "in detail" all manner of filters for what gets passed along to you in Log4OM V2.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX