Cluster Ignore Frequency List

NW7US
Novice Class

Cluster Ignore Frequency List

Post by NW7US »

In the spotting cluster dialog, is it possible to have an IGNORE FREQUENCY LIST such that each entry in the list is ignored? Probably with some tolerance up 500 Hz and down 500 Hz... maybe. The issue is that the NCDXF/IARU International Beacon Project frequencies should be excluded from spots showing anything on those frequencies.

See screen capture:

20220228_Log4OMV2_IgnoreFreqInCluster.jpg
20220228_Log4OMV2_IgnoreFreqInCluster.jpg (185.28 KiB) Viewed 772 times
Thanks,

Tomas/NW7US
73 de NW7US
+ DXCC: 40m, 30m, 20m, 17m, 15m, 12m, 10m, Mixed, Digital, CW, SSB
+ WAZ, WPX, etc.
+ SKCC:4758s / FISTS:7055 / LICW:653
+ NW7US on YouTube
+ Space weather and radio propagation editor for
  • CQ Amateur Radio Magazine, and,
  • The Spectrum Monitor magazine.
W7JKC
New user

Re: Cluster Ignore Frequency List

Post by W7JKC »

Seconding this recommendation. There should be an option to not display these beacon stations.

During LOG4OM startup, I do see a message "Loading cluster ignore list". but I have been unsuccessful in locating this utility, nor a file on my computer that would be a likely location for these callsign / frequency combinations.

Can someone please assist?
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

W7JKC wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 21:55 Seconding this recommendation. There should be an option to not display these beacon stations.

During LOG4OM startup, I do see a message "Loading cluster ignore list". but I have been unsuccessful in locating this utility, nor a file on my computer that would be a likely location for these callsign / frequency combinations.

Can someone please assist?
John,

Most clusters have a command your submit to either pass or reject (block) certain spots. IE: blocking FTxx spots, beacons, etc..

For example Lee Sawkins provides a command for the CC User APP that we users can use to pass or reject spots. Check there for such as well.

I know that Lee is working on some programming for his CC User and CC Cluster APPs as the beacon spot folks have been changing things and they have become more prevalent over the past couple of months. Kind of like a "whack a mole".

As for your startup message I'm pretty sure that relates to your 'tic option' that you made at: Settings / Program Configuration / Cluster ... Once I modify some cluster I select "Show User Defined clusters"

Whichever works best for your operating is perfectly fine.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

NW7US wrote: 28 Feb 2022, 19:43 In the spotting cluster dialog, is it possible to have an IGNORE FREQUENCY LIST such that each entry in the list is ignored? Probably with some tolerance up 500 Hz and down 500 Hz... maybe. The issue is that the NCDXF/IARU International Beacon Project frequencies should be excluded from spots showing anything on those frequencies.

See screen capture:

20220228_Log4OMV2_IgnoreFreqInCluster.jpg

Thanks,

Tomas/NW7US
Tomas,

I make pass/reject of frequencies in CC User for the various clusters I monitor from Lee's node.

I think that would be the best approach to have that management done at the source rather than having Log4OM V2 manage it, but who knows? Lele might consider such.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Use cluster server filter commands - see the DXSpider filter guide

No point in us spending valuable time re coding the software to do something the cluster servers already provide
73 Terry G4POP