PSTRotator control

w9mdb
Old Man

PSTRotator control

Post by w9mdb »

I'd like to be able to send a control message via the control port to trigger Log4OM to send the azimuth to PSTRotator.
I have an external utility that controls my antennas and when the hex beam is selected I'd like to have the antenna automatically rotate to the azimuth in Log4OM.
I can watch for the call sign change and then send the command.
N1FG
Advanced Class

Re: PSTRotator control

Post by N1FG »

Doesn't it already work that way with PSTRotator - it does for me.

When I put the callsign into the window and let Log4OM get the details filled in, I simply look at the Azimuth window (to the right of the frequency readouts) and press either the short path or long path heading and the command is sent to PSTRotator.

If I have misunderstood your question I apologize, but it's a feature I use every contact on 40m thru 6m.

Larry
Log4OM.JPG
Log4OM.JPG (239.63 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
w9mdb
Old Man

Post by w9mdb »

Yes...I can click on the azimuth in Log4OM...but I'd like to be able to be able to automatically point my beam when the beam is in use.
My antenna controller program knows which antenna is in use and could send a move command to Log4OM to send the azimuth over. What my program does not know is the azimuth so that's why using Log4OM's existing capability to do this would be better.
N1FG
Advanced Class

Post by N1FG »

Oh, I see. What program is filling in the callsign information? (Does it know whether Short or Long path is better?)
CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

N1FG wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 08:44 ... (Does it know whether Short or Long path is better?)
Larry,
As far as I know the information (Short vs Long path) only here: https://www.voacap.com/hf/
In Log4OM we only have prediction for Short path !
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
N1FG
Advanced Class

Post by N1FG »

GM Manuel,

Thanks for the link. I have wondered about the LP prop (and normally use VOACAP directly for that) but often I will just spend some time and swing the antenna but wish it was quicker with Log4OM!

Often at this time of the day my friends in VK are talking with EU and I will get a good opportunity to try both paths with them.

73, de Larry N1FG
w9mdb
Old Man

Post by w9mdb »

I'm referring to the remote control messages which right now purportedly has just 3 commands available
<CALLSIGN>
<WORKED>
<WORKED+BAND>

I'd like to see
<ANTENNA+MOVE>azimuth
N1FG
Advanced Class

Post by N1FG »

I'm sorry to have said anything, I had misunderstood your posting from the beginning.

Good luck!

73 de Larry N1FG