POTA for Dummies

Update and distribution of news relating to awards

Moderator: OE6CLD

nn1q
New user

POTA for Dummies

Post by nn1q »

I sincerely apologize ahead. I am sure this is a newby question. I used Log4OM for the first time today to do a POTA activation. Spent 4 hours activating and now have spent 3 hours NOT being able to export my log appropriately showing my park. Yes, i read the manual. Yes I attempted to exucute a change to all my QSO's using the QSO Manager using POTA, K-0050 (Mammoth Cave KY). It says excuted. Then when I export to ADIF, and include nearly everything under the sun (including My_Sig, My_sig_info... the park info is not in the ADIF file anywhere. I used to export to notepad and manually enter the info but hoped not to have to do that with Log4OM. I'd love to add Park to Park (sig/ sig_inf0) but alas I cant even add the park yet.

So...if someone could send me to the Dummies page or forum or video I'd sincerely appreciate it. Again, I do apologize for not being able to piece this info together on the forums but I have read everything that has POTA associated with it and cannot piece together the steps (even tried manipulating the Awards manager but gave up quickly).

73'
Ed NN1Q
nn1q
New user

Re: POTA for Dummies

Post by nn1q »

I FIGURED IT OUT! One way... for the dummies that follow me...
1) Utilities/ QSO Manager/ Search QSO and CTRL A to select all the QSOs (or select the applicable ones)
2) Single Field Update: My_Sig and type in WWFF and click UPDATE
3) Single Field Update: My+Sig_Info and type in the POTA Identifier (i.e.: K-0050) and click UPDATE
4) Search QSO and select the QSO's to export in ADIF
5) Click Export Selected Fields: and for POTA you need, Call, Freq, Time, My_Sig, My_Sig_Info, Operator,RST sent/ Rec'd, Band and I think thats more than enough