eHam

General discussions about Log4OM features
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: eHam

Post by G4POP »

Our eHam score is still 5.0 and with more reviews (20) than any other free logging software. :D Thank all of you that wrote reviews, keep them coming!

I don't know where the phrase originated but I like the saying...

"If you have a problem tell us, if you like our product tell your friends!"
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Registered to eHam now and placed my review too ... :D
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

My two cents worth on the eHam rating:

When I see a "perfect" score for anything, it makes me think that the scoring is rigged. Or, negative reviews may have been censored.

While Log4OM is by far the best of the free loggers, with the most potenial, it has a long way too go. :roll:

That's all folks!
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
VE3VEE
Old Man

Post by VE3VEE »

K7PT wrote: When I see a "perfect" score for anything, it makes me think that the scoring is rigged. Or, negative reviews may have been censored.
<jk>
OK then, I will rate it 1 or 2, and write some bad stuff about it to make the reviews look more realistic, LOL ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
</jk>

73 Marvin VE3VEE
K7PT
Old Man

Post by K7PT »

Marvin,
My point is: There have been a few less then glowing eHam entries and we have beat the daylights out of the the reviewer to "delete" their comments. Even if the entry is incorrect or a misunderstanding, it's the users perception at the time the entry was made. Therefore when it's deleted, it's censored which skews the rating.

We have been extremely critical of another program group for doing the same and now we follow their model.

I'm not saying that Log4OM is not by far the best around.

I'll end this now as all it does is gets me in trouble. It's just my opinion on the eHam thingy.
K7PT-Chuck "#1 Top of the Honor Roll"
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I don't care so much EHAM scores.
EHAM is a good showcase for us, but my only indicator is the "download counter" on the website, that is reaching 2.000 downloads for the current release. :D

And Log4OM is growing thanks to satisfied users that reports his existance to their friends. This is much better than 2000 positive reviews on EHAM (that are appreciated, of course ;) )
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH