QSO Archive

General discussions about Log4OM features
ei9ju
Advanced Class

QSO Archive

Post by ei9ju »

I've searched the archives but drawn a blank, I'm looking for information on how to limit my log to show only the past month's contacts on a single band, the procedure i've been trying is QSO Archive, setting the date range, say from the 1st of April ---> 1st of May, setting the band filter for the band of my choice, eg 20m....then clicking enable update, yet when the result comes up it's showing a variety of bands dating bate over a year, what I'm i doing wrong?.....or is there a better way for showing how many DXCC's I've worked in the past month on a selected band.
Thanks in advance,
Gerry/Ei9Ju
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: QSO Archive

Post by IW3HMH »

Queries should be made using the ADIF format of informations.
After setting the SEARCH PARAMETERS be sure to launch a SEARCH by pressing the search button again!!!

The parameters to use are:

QsoDate >= 20130401 (01/04/2013)
QsoDateOff <=20130430 (30/04/2013)
Band = 20m
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
ei9ju
Advanced Class

Post by ei9ju »

OK thanks, I'll give it another go.
ei9ju
Advanced Class

Post by ei9ju »

I've followed the instructions. The search parameter field was been out as you suggested, "QSO date" "QSO end date" and the Band (20m), I then closed Search Parameters by clicking the green correct tab at the bottom, then clicked the "search" tab and nothing happens!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

ei9ju wrote:I've followed the instructions. The search parameter field was been out as you suggested, "QSO date" "QSO end date" and the Band (20m), I then closed Search Parameters by clicking the green correct tab at the bottom, then clicked the "search" tab and nothing happens!

OK I used different dates because there were no QSO's in my log for the month you stated so I did it for February but it works for me..
Attachments
filter.JPG
filter.JPG (117.13 KiB) Viewed 8827 times
73 Terry G4POP
ei9ju
Advanced Class

Post by ei9ju »

Terry, I'm i exiting Search parameters as i should by selecting the green correct tab, then use the "search" tab top lefthand corner of the Archive box beside callsign or ios there any other "search" tab i should be selecting.
Attachments
log4om arckive.png
log4om arckive.png (85.85 KiB) Viewed 8822 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Please compare the search parameter (The >= signs) between the ADIF fields (EG QSO Date) and the value (EG 20130401) in your image and my one.

You are using equals (=) for them all

You need to read the instructions again and use the correct parameters which you select from the drop down list between the field name and the value boxes at the top of the search parameter window.

>= this means greater than or equal to
<= this means less than or equal to
= this means equal to
73 Terry G4POP
ei9ju
Advanced Class

Post by ei9ju »

Thanks for the clarification Terry and once i sorted the >+ from the <= and included the = it worked.....but if you don't mind me saying, all that rigmarole just to select a time period :(
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

ei9ju wrote:I've searched the archives but drawn a blank, I'm looking for information on how to limit my log to show only the past month's contacts on a single band, the procedure i've been trying is QSO Archive, setting the date range, say from the 1st of April ---> 1st of May, setting the band filter for the band of my choice, eg 20m....then clicking enable update, yet when the result comes up it's showing a variety of bands dating bate over a year, what I'm i doing wrong?
Gerry,
There is an easy way if you don't want to use the search parameters which is to do all of what you did above but click 'SEARCH' not 'Enable update'

You only click 'Enable update' if you need to edit/change any data!

I have just checked this is working fine as shown below so the procedure for the simple method is as follows

1. Check the date range check box
2. Set the start and finish dates
3. Select the mode from the mode drop down
4. Click the large 'Search' button at the top left hand side of the window - next to the call sign field

If you then need to reveiw your 40 meter contacts change the band in the drop down and click 'SEARCH' again
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (271.22 KiB) Viewed 8807 times
73 Terry G4POP
ei9ju
Advanced Class

Post by ei9ju »

Now we're talking Terry as that's more the type of simple procedure I was expecting ;) , my mistake was in thinking the "Search" function beside the Callsign tab was for looking up a specific callsign and wasn't associated with bulk look-ups.
Thanks for your patience.
Gerry/Ei9Ju